We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Just picked up this signed Crickets Album.

Letter of provenance claims the signature was obtained in early March 1958 while Buddy and the guys were performing at the Gaumont in Salisbury. I am advised the band performed twice, once in the afternoon and then the evening.

Signature was obtained while Buddy was staying at The Old George Hotel" in Salisbury.

The album is interestingly a US sample pressing by Brunswick which preceded the UK Vogue Coral pressing in March 58. I believe when this show took place the UK Vogue Coral album had Just recently hit the stores. How the young lady got hold of the rare yellow label sample pressing I do not know.

The other members did not sign, perhaps they were not asked or not available although they were also staying at the hotel with Buddy.

The signature is in pen and is clear and readable, however it may have faded over the years or perhaps it was a finer nib that was used originally. I suspect the former but I could be wrong.

Any thoughts, or observations most welcome regardless

Tags: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08_R8xkZKec

Views: 378

Replies to This Discussion

Nice

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service