We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

This is a multi-signed 500 Home Run Club baseball. This item was purchased from an autograph dealer in 2009. Can anyone please tell me what they think of the baseball and any opinions on the signature please would be appreciated. I have attached some photos. But here also below is a direct link to the page.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/photo/albums/500-home-run-club-si...

Views: 1219

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Replies to This Discussion

Does it come with third-party authentication. If so, from whom?
no. It is from AACS autographs who are a member of UACC. The receipt they issue they said is the only I have.

The receipt says

"THIS RECEIPT IS YOUR COA (CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY) for the autograph(s) listed above.

" Authenticity Guarantee: The autos listed on this document are guaranteed to be authentic. AACS Autographs maintains this guarantee for life as spelled out in our site policies."
The Mantle is bad. Very bad.
I'm somewhat familiar with AACS and I have my doubts about many of their items.
If you would like to compare the Mantle/Williams sigs
with my JSA authenticated 500 HR ball, here it is:
Attachments: No photo uploads here
ok I will look into it than with JSA and see if they can take a look at it. How is AACS even a member of the UACC than if they sell junk?
To begin with, here's the UACC website: http://www.uacc.org
Please agree it's one of the most poorly designed on the net. Anyway, to be a member of UACC, you need to: apply, agree to their code of ethics, and pay your dues.
Then, as a member, you should not have too many complaints on file. The problem is that, unless you do file a complaint directly with the UACC, it doesn't go against them. Many of the buyers that feel ripped off will not even realize they can go to the UACC or are too embarrassed to admit they were taken. So AACS can remain in good standing.
It's rather like the Better Business Bureau. There are many members of the BBB with complaints, but they can still use their logo, even if they are formal warning and not kicked out. The main thing is to pay your dues on time and then the UACC or the BBB is happy with you. Hope that clears things up a bit.
yeah the UACC website is pretty crappy looking. I didn't know anything about the UACC until you told me more about it here.
hope you've checked out the new design www.uacc.org
Joining the UACC Registered Dealer program is more involved than they say, and they do vett dealers—although it's not a systematic process. It used to be that as long as you had no unresolved complaints you could remain a registered dealer. For example, if a customer filed a complaint against a UACC registered dealer that they sold him a forgery, and the UACC decided in the customer's favor, the dealer resolved the complaint by either refunding the customer's money or coming to other terms satisfactory with the customer. If the dealer didn't resolve it, they were kicked out. So as long as a dealer resolved any complaints, he could sell forgeries left and right and still be a UACC RD. That didn't happen often, but there was one dealer who just kept on resolving complaints, presumably knowing that 90% plus of collectors don't find out that they ended up with a forgery until they try to sell years later--or their heirs try to sell.

We kicked that dealer out of the magazine perhaps six months after I bought it. Shortly thereafter the UACC changed their rules so they could kick someone out of the RD program for cause, without unresolved complaints. The first thing they did was kick that dealer out. The dealer Myron Ross of Heroes and Legends.

Interestingly, Jerry Gladstone of American Royal Arts told me that Heroes and Legends used to be one of his main suppliers of autographs, but even he stopped using them.
hope you've seen the new design www.uacc.org
AACS Registered Dealer RD208 - Expelled 02/11 for numerous violations of the UACC Policies and Code of Ethics.
The Mantle is obviously bad.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service