We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Ok so here I am desperate trying to obtaine a hand drawn artwork by Michael Jackson,

Please experts let me know what you think about this drawing.

Thanks

Eddie

Views: 524

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anyone?

Eddie,
Not many people are familiar with MJ's drawings, so it could take a while for feedback to roll in.

Ok I will calm down  :)

come to simon parrs auctions and make your own mind up

If you are selling that piece - its a forgery. 

Here is the original that came from MJ's make-up artist, drawn in 1977 on the Wiz set.  There is a lot of provenance on this one, and it sat at the make up artists house packed away since 1977 until shortly after MJ died.  These had never been seen by the fan base until the article came out in the make-up magazine.

Two other drawings were done that day as well

This last one has been copied by forgers numerous times as well. 

Michael could NOT have drawn these exact from memory years later all while these were packed away. 

Here is a video I made awhile back of one of the forgeries showing the overlap process.  https://vid.me/e/GUSb

Heres the fake one....... Memorabilia Vault had it for sale. 

The forgery is one done by Erick McKay. (forger lives in the US)  He's been doing these since nearly right after MJ died. 

Confused Steve are you implying that WE are selling the MJ drawing at the beginning of this thread. 

I'm not Steve.

You replied to this discussion about that item stating this:

So I'm not implying anything.  Seems your confused on which discussions your replying to.  Why tell "Eddie" to come to simon parrs and make up his own mind on this item if its not for sale by your auction house?

I'm seeing a lot of what kind of looks like McKay stuff in his auctions, which would make me not trust the other stuff. It's fake stuff that drives down prices. I think a lot of buyers are very skeptical now when they look at any MJ items.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service