We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Michael Jackson drawings (Miscell inc. 'Historic portraits' and 'Disney characters')

I'm noticing a sudden influx of MJ signed Michael Jackson drawings coming on to the auction market, which seem to share the common themes of either 'portraits of historical figures'  or 'Disney characters'.

Both of these themes are of course recognised from Michaels' drawings both at a young age and later in life, but it is interesting that so many new drawings are being released on to the market at the same time. 

Here are some current examples:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/32578267_collection-of-art-by-m...

Tags: Michael, disney, forgery, jackson, parr, portraits

Views: 100930

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Came back to say, that I THINK its the one I just saved recently, since I actually didn't find it (and I don't have time to dig) I can't be positive... but I think it is. 

-w

Enjoy your visit with your son, it w=should be a treat.  

I have to admit I have seen many of these old man drawings too and the ones I have seen I don't believe are authentic.

Talk with you after the holidays, Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Roger
Are you trying to trap Wascher somehow and prove she's wrong somehow?
That's how I feel this post is intended
Hi Roger,

I had a little bit of time and looked at your blue drawing again, and something stood out to me, and I circled it (below).  Sort of a v over one eye.

So I started going through other drawings I had, and found this.  Bottom face drawing.   Note the line (again circled).  Its actually the chin/jawline of another doodle above it, that was left out.  

If I try to overlay the two drawings they look a little off at first (the pic you sent was taken from what appears to be a front angle) so I skewed the drawing a little bit on the sides/corners (but I didn't touch any lines in the face).  Then everything is very close afterward, with the eyes/eyelashes, nose, lips, chin, earring and dimple -all are generally in the same spots, and the blue V mark (jawline of a diff doodle) is on as well.   In your doodle someone filled in the rest of the head outline, but generally it has no shadings (no eyebrow, no hair etc) so it looks like a different doodle, until you overlay them and see them line up.  I'm going to guess this is where the blue doodle came from.

Happy Holiday to you and yours as well, if I don't talk to you before then.  And everyone else who's following along on this thread too!   Merry Christmas!

-w

Wascher
I think roger is trying to snare you somehow and prove himself right even though many here have already proven him wrong

Sam, I don't "snare" people, I'm trying to get to the bottom of this too.

Just to be clear, the blue is a tracing of some kind of the one on yellow paper? Where is the yellow one from? I like the work you did on this. I have always liked the process of using transparencies to compare signatures/items.

yep I think the work you have done Wascher is amazing!!!  I am not even an MJ follower(I hope that is ok to admit) but I'm following what you are doing with hugh interest trying to work out the next twist in the saga of the authenticity of these MJ drawings     I hope you enjoy your time with your son

Yes.   I actually have two or three more that they also traced of "original" pieces or other drawings.  I don't know where the original yellow came from initially, but I do know its been out there awhile and has been said to be MJ's.  The writing "Geoge Lucas" does look correct, the rest is another person's writing.

-w

Here is another one that I put together.

Mem Vault had this drawing in 2013.  I had saved it awhile back, not even sure when, but I had it labeled Mem Vault.

No i in Michael again

Here is a screen shot of Mem Vaults web page in August 2013 with the drawing circled in yellow (you can see the autograph faintly along with the little "85" as well as the pen marks above the bottom hole of the 3 hole punch.)

The original is below, no autograph was ever on the original (note this one is filled in much more than MV's - in the hair and shadings)

http://makeupmag.com/news/newsID/653/  (provenance on the piece in this article)

The drawing was owned by the make up artist who did the make up on MJ for the Wiz in 76/77.  The article came out just a few months after MJ died - directly from the make-up artist via his wife.  If the make up artist had the drawings in his possession since 1976-1977, and if Michael supposedly drew a second one later, there would be no way they would match up nearly identically from memory. 

Mem vaults shows up years after the original is released.

Here is the video I did of the overlapping of the two.  I slid my transparency bar back and forth over them so you can see how close they are (if I had just overlapped them in a picture, you wouldn't see the differences so I had to video it).  The original is the one with the black frame around it--and without a sig.

​ ​

https://vid.me/e/GUSb

-w

I hope Memorabilia Vault responds to this. Once again, great work. The shenanigans some are willing to pull is quite impressive.

Christmas break assignment:-  I wish all a Happy and Health Holday.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service