We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I would have to guess it would be one that commands the most money and therefore is worth attempting. It would have to be either somewhat rare or simply highly sought after. Remembering that some famous people do not always sign much, i.e. Steve Jobs or some died young. A few that come to mind under the category of "valuable" but not necessarily rare, might be:
     ++ Babe Ruth, all 4 Beatles at one time, John Wayne, Elvis Presley, JFK and Marilyn Monroe.
I've seen terrible examples of these signers yet they always tend to sell for big bucks. I'll let others continue this thread so now it's YOUR turn.

Tags: autograph, fake, forged, signature

Views: 4284

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mark -- very good point. Since the DOors are my favorite band, could you PLEASE put a photo of it up here?

The one thing that you can do with the Doors though -- is this.

If they sign with their CURRENT looking signatures, you can probably guess Jimbo was fake. He's an easy forged one. So simple to do (I used to copy it in 7th grade, just to be creative with it)

The same thing someone just said about Dylan at a laid back venue -- think about it. It was 100 times worse for Doors, Beatles, Zeppelin -- at venues with 10,000 folks. THEY WERE NOT laid back.

And, if you got somewhere (backstage, lets say), you'd still have to find THE ENTIRE BAND, or you have a DOors album signed by Manzarek and Densmore, and nobody else (and most of their signatures back in the day were first name only...another good sign)
Here is a group of current sigs off their book for comparison. It was purchased last year.

I'd say Neil Armstrong he NEVER signs and there's a VERY HIGH DEMAND for his autograph.
Actually he use to sign. He use to even keep a datbase of those he already responded to in the mail. But around 1991-92 completely stopped responding to autograph requests.   I got mine about 2 months before he stopped.
I agree with this. Uninscribed Armstrongs routinely sell for $2,000+.  Common personalized spacesuit ISPs now fetch $1,000. This is a tremendous incentive for forgers. Thankfully Armstrong has a signature that is very difficult to forge, however the forgers are getting better every day.
For astronauts, I would like to add Virgil Gus Grisssom, who died young in a 1967 NASA accident and therefore signed very little compared to John Glenn, for instance. Therefore his sig is also rare and expensive and forged.
ERIC CLAPTON / JIMMY PAGE /

I'm surprised no one has mentoned J.K. Rowling. Her signature is far too easy to forge, unfortunately -- though admittedly, not as easy as Obama's (is there a presidential autograph as simple as his?)

Stephen King is another readily forged autograph (though it seems to have slowed a bit in recent years, probably due to the fact that he's flooded the market with his own signed limited editions).

Bruce Lee Signature or Autograph are being forged regularly and often found on ebay. His signature is simple unless he signed the Chinese word "Dragon" with his signature which is not easy to forge.
Now its Jimi Hendrix,there are forges everywhere of his signature..its a shame
Here in Europe -  Obama and Jackson (most popular now), Beatles, Elvis Presley, Liz Taylor and Neil Armstrong. Walt Disney and Edison are popular too :-)
tiger  woods....

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service