We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Rock and Roll Collection Concerns [Title revised by moderator]

I see this site brought up a lot on this site for autograph references.

http://www.rockandrollcollection.com/

problem is, who ever this Stephan is he has a load of forgeries up here too. I get messages from people from time to time saying he has offered to sell a member here an item or two and it is never the real stuff imo, it is usually the fake stuff. Greed. He wants money but doesn't want to part with the good stuff.

Eagles are his most famous work. Attached is a screen shot of his fake work (not limited too). Notice how they are the same..... duh. If you look through his stuff he has loads of fake Zeppelin, Beatles, Springsteen, Stones, Floyd and more. Even the so called authentic Traveling Wilbury's is not real. Maybe the George and Petty are ok but 100% not the Lynne and I'm pretty sure the Dylan is bogus also. Anyway, I don't wish to debat about this guy and his ethics but if you are using him a reference be careful and I wouldn't buy anything from the guy either.

Views: 28657

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://live.autographmagazine.com/profile/[removed by moderator]?xg...

This is your profile that you set up that has your wife's name in it....

N.Steiger,

That's your wife? You set up a fake profile to protect yourself using your WIFE'S name?? Your WIFE'S email address???

I have removed all references to her from this discussion. I can't change the URL for your profile without completely deleting your account and all of its contributions. And that I'm not going to do.

Thank you. I forget who's info I used to make the account honestly. He wasn't my wife at the time. And I thought you knew who I was because I messaged you month ago so I didn't see the need to post it here, in plain view. Thanks again.

N.Steiger,

I just checked the database and noticed that you turned off all email notifications. Perhaps so your wife didn't find out you were using her email address. Maybe that's why, if you wrote me, you never heard back from me.

N- Here's the rub, and it's been on my mind all day. Like I said, I'm not gonna jump into the foray of the legitimacy of Mr. Duncan's pieces. You guys are doing a fine job of that yourselves. And I was debating posting a response about this, but now that you've returned I feel I must. You were not the only one on my original Floyd thread (link here) to help with the authenticity of the piece, but you were the only one who placed an approximate dollar value on it.

After Adam Halloran's post last night saying that you are also behind the eBay ID sodoautographs, and the name sounded familiar, I went back and looked through my records and lo and behold, it was YOU that sold the piece to me. I was and still am flabbergasted. You knew the whole time I posted that it was your piece, and didn't disclose that fact. Forger, dealer, IP guy, fan, I don't care what else the rest of you want to argue about... if the identity Mr. Cyrkin posted of you is accurate, and if Mr. Halloran's stating that you are also sodoautographs is accurate, than what you did back then is beyond the pale, pal. And we've been on a Floyd thread together on the RACC group over on FB as well just this past week. Do you get a good laugh every time you see my name, thinking you got one over on me?

THIS is my point about his anonymity and giving opinions on his OWN items he sells and does not acknowledge he is the seller.

Whoa Whoa Whoa. People come to me and ask for help on items. That was the first and only time a person happened to ask about one of mine and he asked about others as well. And I told him what other were real also. He chose mine. And again, to my point was I supposed to tell him not to buy it? What would my reasoning had been? I have never peddled my autographs on here for a reason. I want to remain impartial. But ya'll force it out of me.

I posted this already. Which was perhaps the FIRST time? There should be full disclosure if offering an opinion on something you are selling. I am not saying you are selling junk or an unfair price. It is (imo) dishonest to give your opinion on your item you are selling and not fess up it is your item.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/sodoautographs

It's real, what can I say. I got Dave, Krist and Butch my self. Frankly speaking the couple people that didn't like it don't concern me cause the amount of people on here thinking a bunch of these Kurts are real shows how little some know about Nirvana. There is a MASSIVE education gap between people who get music autographs in person and those who are just buyers. HUGE. It's hard for me and I have tons of first hand context. Can you imagine having to start with a baseline of knowledge based on someone elses opinion? The eagles are prime example. While Mr Duncan has a vast amount if real stuff he also has a vast amount of fakes IMO and if a solely buying collector is told that his stuff is all real so use him a reference then he's screwed.

Adam. The context of your complaint is a little off cause you were not involved in the deal but I do register your point ok and thank you for sharing your thoughts on it. I always wanted to keep the seller and vigilantly forger spotter separate, for good reasons, and one was I didn't want be seen as someone who was pushing his own items over another.  I also wanted to avoid someone saying something of mine is fake. It's easy to make s*** up and just throw words. I at least put together image montages to show why. There are so many sheep on here that if you told them something they'd believe it. Thankfully, there are some really educated in person collectors on here that have always back up any items of mine brought up, and there have only been a couple which is a good sign.

Fair enough. I am not going to keep beating a dead horse and it isn't my battle, correct. I do think you give good opinions regardless if it IS your item and I don't believe you sell forged items,

I also understand your point for wanting to be private for the reasons you gave. I think you understand my point as to why anonymity is a two edged sword however and I let it rest.

surely do Adam. Be well.

I gave him a VERY fair price. It wasn't like I said the 350 dollar ones are fake, buy mine for 700 or something like that. Let's clear this up right away. I am not that type of guy.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service