We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 87898

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dave, Kenny, Jeremy and Peter have all been available to fans all over the world on a fairly regular basis. Dave and Kenny due to health issues have limited their appearances in the last few years, mostly to UK conventions.

Jeremy is a great guy and likely deserves the title just for his fan friendly appearances.

The ongoing joke has been that Peter would show up at a garage door opening. 

This is based on the fact that back in the 70's and 80's, prior to big fan conventions, minor celebs would be booked for appearances at grand openings of new stores or businesses. This is spoofed nicely in the best "made for us" comedy Galaxy Quest.

Mr. Mayhew gets my vote for biggest SW con-ho, but beware, while he is likely the most common guest to find at shows around the world, more often than not, he can be less than pleasant to meet.   

Thank the Force that Peter Mayhew was recently released from the hospital after a pneumonia scare.

Thanks for the education. Im glad he got some recognition.

That is an great piece of information Pete.  I love it.

A few more additions to the collection...

Very happy to add my first Peter Cushing signature... from a signed note.

Not a Star Wars pose, but I thought I'd share my new Harrison Ford signed photo here... could be my eBay bargain of the year. :-)

Those are wonderful, Steve! Those are two autographs that I covet greatly! Congratulations!

Thanks, Bradford. You are no slouch yourself with those Christopher Reeves! :-)

Thanks, Steve. It's amazing the lengths we go to get things we are passionate about. It's a lot of fun though. :)

Very nice items Steve.  I particularly like the Peter Cushing autographed note.  Congratulations.

Did anyone get one of the Harrison Ford Official Pix SPs? They sold out in 4 minutes. I was bracing myself to splurge, but was a bit disappointed to see a group 11x14 as the only offering.

I tend to avoid group poses because they force you to complete it -- a task and additional expense I don't want -- or you end up with a piece that looks unfinished.

Maybe I was a little relieved when I saw the pose and decided I didn't want it! LOL

I spent way too much on OP Fords when this whole thing started. Both Indy KOTCS limited 11x14s and the 8x10, then the SW 12-Back image in both 11x14 and 8x10, followed by the "Under the Falcon" shot and I finished off the run with "Welcome to Bespin" ESB shot. Mind you I ended up with multiples of many of these at $469 to $479 a pop plus shipping.

I skipped the Taun Taun shot and the last "pic your shot" sale, and having the RS cover shot done in 8x10 already, this was not for me either.

Chris said that he signed less than 40 of them. I think the price is crazy, you'd sink $850 into it to finish it!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service