We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve asked me to start a new thread since some were having a lot of issues with regards to whether or not the through the mail autographs of Jerry Lee Lewis are real or not.  I will post some examples of what we have been getting recently and some know in person examples.   These TTM signatures are not cheap.  You have to pay $50 for them to his box office box.  The question is are they real or not.  Roger has said that he has never seen Mr. Lewis sign this way and it looks to perfect - like a woman's signature.  

Please post your thoughts here and examples.

thanks

Mark

Views: 61466

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

nope

but I did email JLL and ask for his opinion on this thread, and he sent me this:

[Hey...this site is family friendly, buddy. I deleted that pic.--Cyrkin]

oops!

Yeah sure. JLL appears to typically cross the "T" first, while the two examples of Whitten's "Thanks" that I've seen appear to have the "T" crossed last.

nope, the "Y" loops

I was actually referring only to the "Thanks" inscription.

How about comparing Whitten's "J" to the "J"s in the pic right above it. Any similarities?

Ballroom,

Let's focus on one thing for the moment: The percentage of books signed with a looped Y in Jerry compared to the ones people we know have gotten in person that have loops?

If the percentages are very different, that says something.

So, while we have no concrete proof that these were signed by Mr. Whitten, we do have quite a bit of circumstantial evidence to lend credence to this opinion. The first picture posted is one of the books from the "signing" in NYC. Second, the pictures show several items that have been identified by Roger Epperson, one of the most respected autograph authenticators in the country, as signed by J.W. Whitten. Third, we have an actual autograph from J.W. Whitten. We also know that whenever items are taken by Whitten to be signed by JLL, they all come back looking like the books. Also, we have yet to see an authentic example that matches the books. Feel free to come to your own conclusion. I have mine based on the evidence I have seen. I 

looks similar to my JLL that was obtained in person (on the back of a Children's Museum of Memphis business card.

And finally, here is the book that Mark Roberts sent to be signed and paid $100 for. It looks absolutely NOTHING like the ones offered at Barnes and Noble.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service