We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Anybody familiar with earlier Tyrone Power?  His signature changed after he had returned from serving in WWII.  This one is c. 1938.  How does it look? 

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's an album page from the same pre-war period:

Etienne, Early Power ink is a tough nut to crack in my humble opinion. I have exemplars and a handful of war date and older . On the onset all these seem well within the scope of being real. In 3 to 4 years celebrities can as you know change their autograph. But their inscriptions, shape and character style tend not to change…. that fast. I am posting 3 images that range from "37" to early 40's. Spend some time and breakdown all letters and written numbers, look hard.  Something looks wrong when I look at these items that are signed by the same "person". Did you notice one of the primary constant's is the dot or dash under all 4 of his signatures.

David-  Thanks for these examples.

I did the old "upside down examination" of your Florence example and the signed photograph.  To my eyes, they match up pretty well:

Etienne, One more fantastic example.

David -  I seem to recall coming across this signed book for THE RAINS CAME at some point or another.  Is it in your collection?  I'd give my eye teeth for it!!!!  LOL

Etienne, I saw it, I snoozed, then I lost it…..As you said, "I would give…. The Florence is one of mine.

The "Florence" is certainly nice.  I wonder if it's part of the larger "Florence" collection from that era that has been broken up over the years....often people she saw on stage (with notations usually in the bottom right corner).

Etienne, My Florence does not have any notations on it. But as you know, once you see enough inscribed autographs you start getting a  gut feeling about the collector…..after you get past the real "ink". After collecting exemplars off the internet for many years I literally just noticed the green ink 37 is a crapper. The bleeding ink is on old paper.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service