We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hey, I’m new here and was given this site as a recommendation from some folks at RACC. My grandmother passed away and I have inherited her collection of signed photos from 1935-1939 as she penciled in on the back of each photo the year. There are approximately 175 photos and most are 5x7. A lot are personalized. Some are preprinted and others are probably secretarial, but I don’t know which are. 

How should I go about getting these authenticated and how should I go about selling them? I collect sports and music memorabilia and only know a few of these names as I’m 30 and don’t really watch Turner Classic Movies. I know that I’m better off selling individually than selling them in bulk. Thank you so much for your help! 

Views: 993

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Robert, it looks like you might have a second Gable signed photo. Is it possible you can show us that one as well?

Hey Shawn, thread hijacking? Not at all. If this material is to be sold here you know the signatures must be posted for review and discussion beforehand according the the site rules, which is what is happening here, so I don't see a hijacking at all. No need to discuss in PM - why not let everyone see and learn whatever the outcome? I would not bet on the Gable because it is a secretarial in my opinion. I see no reason to think otherwise. 

Did I miss something here? I did not read where Robert was getting opinions to sell them here. I thought he was asking about authenticity opinions.

Although I would recommend, Robert, that you not include so many different signed photos in the same discussion. Makes it hard to keep track of which ones are which.

I did notice there was a couple of apparent stamped signatures in your group. You probably have some nice authentic signatures we still haven't seen. Would like to help you on the ones I know.

Fine

When I get time, I will indeed post the exemplars that I believe are a match or at least make me believe this one has a chance of being legit

And Joe

Yes Robert mentioned he may be selling these.

And he is posting for opinions first, so he is doing it right

I cant wait to see more

Then we need to break these down individually. These discussions can get a bit confusing to follow.

If Robert is doing right why then accuse me of thread hijacking?

For F^#$ sakes

Are you kidding?

I didn't accuse you of anything

I wonder about you sometimes man

I meant I didn't want to post a bunch of stuff and overtake his thread with a large load of discussion. Better to discuss in private and post the skim coated results

Understand?

Well, you said "No need to hijack this thread."

I did not expect you were talking about yourself so I took it to be me. The discussion is what we are here for, especially if this material is to be sold here as per rules. Of course this thread is jammed, but we three were talking about this Gable and from your last(?) post it seems we are getting somewhere. What else should we be talking about here? No need to discuss in private - I don't think skim coated results are as helpful or productive to all reading as plain posts everyone can see. 

"For F^#$ sakes

Are you kidding?

I didn't accuse you of anything

I wonder about you sometimes man

I meant I didn't want to post a bunch of stuff and overtake his thread with a large load of discussion. Better to discuss in private and post the skim coated results

Understand?"

Shawn, please don't talk to me like that. This is friendly debate about some ink on an old photo. Let's keep it that way. No need to go to those places, OK? :)

OK buddy, I apologize sincerely

You know I luv ya man, but your response tweeked me

Anyway, I'm sure you saw my new response and am now rethinking my initial position. 

But that "G" is slanted so proper it really made me think it could be real.

Thank you Shawn. I appreciate that. There may have been something about "allies" in the news recently - not sure ;) But, allies are a good thing that I value dearly. ;)

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service