We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hey guys,

What do you think of this ball? I am not sure about the transition from the "D" in Dimaggio but everything else seems solid. Clearly, the signatures are not very bold (DiMaggio seems decent though). Any crude estimates on value?

Dan

Views: 197

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually, I have found a DiMaggio signed photo with a comparable flow. Any reason not to assume this is legit?

The oddest detail about this DiMag signature is the "D". His "D"s are typically the focal point, the "feature" of his signature. I don't recall ever seeing a "D" this tiny and below the level of the baseline.

could be clubhouse

i agree, woody. I was stressing over the "D". I have never seen it so much smaller than the "M" and also such spacing as it transitioned. After reviewing other authentic examples from the same time frame, I acknowledged that the spacing was acceptable. However, I share those concerns in the size of the "D"

I am guessing it is not fake though...clubhouse, perhaps, as terrior suggests.

The "D" is so odd that other elements that are also off seem trivial by comparison to a "D" that I'd have to call "unique" based on what I've seen. But there are other idiosyncrasies as well that get lost in that "D" sauce that commands all the attention. I tend to agree with Terrier, whose appraisal is usually logical and spot on. Clubhouse, in all probability; and not Joe D.

Thanks Bud. I will steer clear of this one!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service