We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Negotiated a decent deal IMO for this one (I'm partial to the '63 Topps style). Will be my first SGC encapsulated auto and looks very good to me but I know SGC is fairly new to the authentication game. How does this one stack up? And does anyone have any SGC authentic items in their collection yet? Thanks in advance

Views: 379

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't know too much about SGC but the auto looks good to me.

very nice card and signature.   I do have SGC authenticated cards, such as this, and frankly, I trust them more that any other authenticator at this point.  They really try to do it right, as opposed to just raking in the bucks.

SGC is very solid in my opinion. They are going to get Mantle right 99%+ I have sent a number of cards to them for encapsulation and their slabs look great. 

In full disclosure, I am the space autograph consultant for SGC.

Thanks everyone. I will keep my eye for more SGC items! Seems like their cards sell for a slight discount to PSA/DNA. Win win

If I recall, SGC's autograph authentication is now run by one of the original PSA board. In the past, JSA did the authenticating for SGC, so be sure to check the label on whether it's a current SGC or prior JSA, if that matters to you.

Personally, I really trust the new SGC team. Hopefully time will raise prices, but it's hard to fight the marketing machine that is Collector's Universe.

Mike Root and Larry Studebaker are the in-house SGC authenticators. They were both at JSA previously.

SGC is way better than JSA In my opinion. I wouldn't put them above PSA because they are weak on celebrity stuff. In sports they are equal or better than PSA and JSA

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service