The Grateful Dead came out with this book in 1983 and it was published by Quill, a division of William Morrow Publishing in New York City. My father, Allen Marchioni, was the President of William Morrow and knew that my sister and I were huge Deadheads. He was able to get two copies of the book, signed by the entire band, and also signed by the editor, Paul Grushkin. This book is signed by all band members, Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, Bill Kreutzman, Mickey Hart and also Brent Mydland. (As you may know, Jerry and Brent are no longer with us on this Earth, Rest in Peace). I have owned this book for over 30 years, and would now be interested in selling it. It has been looked at ALOT ! The cover shows wear. There are a few pages that are loose and come free from the binding....unfortunately, the autographed page is one of the pages that has come loose. I am sure it could be professionally rebound. I also have a copy of a page from a letter written by the Editor, Paul Grushkin. Underlined you will see it says that "the band hopes that Al's daughters will enjoy the two signed copies".  Any ideas on worth or where to sell?  THis is all new to me!!  thank you much, Mary Marchioni Flego

Views: 605

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From what I can see of the JERRY GARCIA (partially covered by Bobby Weir) it looks different than the examples I've seen before.  Any other members who know the DEAD want to chime in?

Here is one from RR Auction / Roger Epperson LOA

I agree the Jerry Garcia looks way off what I have seen. I compared my Kreutzmann, Lesh & and Hart autographs and they look some what similar but slightly different. This was allegedly signed 33 years ago and mine where in the last few years so they obviously could have changed. But Jerry's look like nothing I have seen. The others possibly?

I'm not too familiar with their signatures, but it appears that Mickey Hart misspelled his name. 

I can't possibly question the authenticity of these signatures, as they were signed in the presence of my own Father.  It's unfortunate that Bobby put his signature over Jerry's, but that is Bobby for you.  Also, it does appear that mickey's name has an A, but I guess that is just the way he wrote it.  My sister has a signed book just like mine, and her mickey's def looks like an E, and bobby didn't write over Jerry's, but she  doesn't want to sell her copy.  Thanks for all input anyway. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service