We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Nearly 20 years ago, I attended a practice round at the 2002 US Senior Open Championship held at Caves Valley Golf Club in Baltimore County Maryland.  I had my ticket autographed at the event and unfortunately didn't put a note on the back of the ticket as to who actually signed the pass.  I just came across this ticket in a box so trying to solve the mystery autograph. 

I looked at the 2002 NBC leaderboard website to see if I could figure out the autograph with no luck:

https://www.golfchannel.com/tours/usga/2002/us-senior-open

I'm not sure since this was a practice round if for golf majors they have local celebrities that play with the pros prior to the actual event, if so it might be a non-major player. 

To me, it looks like the first letter is a 'J' (although it appears to written backwards) so it could be a Jim or James.

Any help would be appreciated!

Tags: 2002, Golfer, Open, Professional, Senior, US, autograph, from, mystery

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gary player

Wow, you're right!  I see Gary's autograph has changed over the years and it's a match with more recent examples.  Mystery solved!

Thanks!

Paul

I'm pretty sure that is Gary Player. I've had him sign many items when he was playing at senior events where I was volunteering in the mid-to-late 1990s in Park City, Utah. See attached for some examples of his in-person signatures. I looked at a newspaper article that listed who was playing at the US Senior Open at Caves Valley in 2002 and Player was among those playing.

Attachments: No photo uploads here

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service