We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

In my humble opinion unless you are face to face with the autographer everyone's opinion is just that...opinion. However professional there is no charism of infallibility in recognizing if an autograph is good or not. At the very best, I will give the pros a 99% certainty level. I think they would accept that.  If they are humble enough to recognize they're limitations.

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's up to US, the authenticators, to make sure that we are able to truly give an EDUCATED opinion. That means a very extensive and diversified exemplar collection.  Otherwise, the authenticator's opinions are limited to a very small portion of possible variations.

I understand that.  But all I am saying is that YOU, the EDUCTATED AUTHENTICATOR, should know that there remains always a possibilty you could be wrong.  I have never heard this acknowledged.  I think it needs to be.  Humilty in this industry is important.  I can have 4 UACC Authicators disagree.  I can get 4 GAI, PSA, JAI and others disagree among themselves.  It happens all the time.  Yet we never hear of that.  You are correct in saying that you are EDUCATED authenticators, not infallible teachers.  Nothing about this Industrty is Infallible.  And I don't see that underlined every time a blogger here or in a forum presents an item of conversation.  I never here..."It could be....it might be...."  Just always "It isn't or it is"..  Those are not words showing OPINION but declaration.  Where am I going wrong? 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service