We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

For those following Greg's "Derek DeWitt's" Hendrix post yesterday:

Contrary to what he said, this is a forgery in the opinions of the pros I asked. Not a good one either.

Tags: autograph, fake, genuine, hendrix, jimi

Views: 1850

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steve,

I think you proved your point on this one.  It's rather silly to keep picking this thing apart as it's so easy to do.  I agree with your opinion that this is not an authentic Hendrix signature.  It's one thing to say a signature is atypical because of some odd thing they did that was different but to have every single thing about one single autograph be atypical just doesn't make sense.  I'm sure if I dug long enough I could find a Jimi that was underlined or a low x or the slant was wrong or the size of Jimi was too big etc., but they are not all going to end up on one signature.  If it had one or even two of these oddities in then maybe you could convince me otherwise but not when everything on it is wrong compared to known examples.  That's my opinion and I'm glad I have one.  You are never going to change this person's opinion even if you had a video of it being signed by Mick Jagger.  He's made up his mind and from we have learned before once he's done that there is no possible chance of ever changing it.  All I can say is if he is happy with it so be it.  It will be nearly impossible to ever sell but what do I know?  Let the readers make up their own minds as the ground work has been laid in front of them.  Nice job!

I think you're right, Roger...no more needs to be added. The signature was posted here as being real and it's so far off that I felt it was important to discuss it in detail for our visitors. I don't expect to change Grant's mind and he's entitled to his opinions just like we're entitled to ours. 

It really doesn't matter if its real or not.  If you wanted to add a nice Hendrix to your collection, why pick this one?  It might be real but for the same $$ why not get one that 3 or more people like.

Agreed. Only buy something that several people who know the autograph like.

It does matter if its in a discussion like this.  If this were just shown to say "look what I have" that would be one thing but to post it then turn it into a circus to prove that this is authentic under some silly name after being banned from this site would be wrong to the collector.  They need to see real known ememplars so they have something to compare with if they are looking for one to own.  Again I don't care if the owner thinks its real just don't try to convince me that it is on a public site.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service