We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

"A Streetcar Named Desire" Signed Cast 1948 Marlon Brando, Kim Hunter, Jessica Tandy, Elia Kazan......

Have the opportunity to pick this rare piece up. What would be a reasonable price for this piece?? Thanks

An extremely rare autographed page from the 1948 2nd Tony Awards (then called the Antoinette Perry Awards) of the cast, director, producer, and costume designer from the great first production of Tennessee William's masterpiece, A Streetcar Named Desire. Signed by Marlon Brando, Kim Hunter, Jessica Tandy, director Elia Kazan, producer Irene Mayer Selznick, lighting designer Lucinda Ballard. Streetcar won the following awards that year: 1948 New York Drama Critics' Circle Best Play, 1948 Tony Award for Best Actress in a Play – Jessica Tandy, 1948 Pulitzer Prize for Drama. A Streetcar Named Desire opened on Broadway on December 3, 1947. The play dramatizes the life of Blanche DuBois, a southern belle who, after encountering a series of personal losses, leaves her aristocratic background seeking refuge with her sister and brother-in-law in a dilapidated New Orleans tenement. A Streetcar Named Desire is Williams' most popular play, is considered among the finest plays of the 20th century, and is considered by many to be Williams' greatest work. It still ranks among his most performed plays, and has inspired many adaptations in other forms, notably producing a critically acclaimed film that was released in 1951, which was also directed by Elia Kazan and starred Marlon Brando (one of the greatest movie and theater performances of all time), Kim Hunter, and Karl Malden, winning Oscars for Brando, Kazan, Malden, and Hunter. From the estate and autograph book of actor Blaine Cordner, whose was appearing in the play Set My People Free at the same time. Also signed by Tony Award winner Judith Anderson (who shared the Tony that year with Jessica Tandy for her performance in Medea!), actor Paul Kelly, actor Paul McGrath, actor James Whitmore, agent and casting consultant Jane Broder, and one other autograph. An extraordinarily rare piece of entertainment, theater, and movie history and an extraordinarily rare collection of autographs. Comes with an original playbill from the same production.

Views: 124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That looks fine to me. I have collected this play for ages. Never saw them all together like this. A rough guess would be $1200-$1500? $1700? SUPERB UNIQUE item! It could be more.

I spotted this piece a couple of years back and I've looked on and off over time to see if it ever sold.  I think the list price is quite high for what it is.  Who knows....since it's been on the market for a good bit of time it might be that it can be negotiated to a more approachable price.

Hi Eddy,

What is the list price?

Thank you,

Eric

Thanks Eddy. I am unable to message you back.

4K was my maximum guess - I think it is a little bit too much. What do you know of and think of this seller though?

I don't really know much about them.....had not really looked beyond the Streetcar piece.

This is on my Santa Wish List. 😉

You know, when asked, Williams said that Blanche would have convinced the head of the asylum she is heading to at the end of this play to marry her in about a week or so.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service