We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

As a collector of autographs, rock memorabilia, I feel that I need to allow for a percentage of forgeries that I may have purchased over my time of collecting. Well I hope to keep the percentage small, but I think it's almost impossible to have a 100 percent success rate ,not being an expert that is. Even these days people are disagreeing with tpa.

Well that seems to be the reality for me , how about you and your collection?

Views: 7686

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good points, Joe, by both you and Don. But what happens when a legit seller, selling a real autograph, is told by a potential customer that the seller should pull the item because extremely unreliable PSA/DNA Quick Opinion declares the item "Likely Not Genuine"? Yet the seller knows for certain the item is genuine. I am very confident in saying that PSA's QO service gets it wrong more than 50% of the time. Just a scenario I thought I'd throw out there.
Does psa really get it wrong half the time?
I am speaking of PSA's Quick Opinion service only in that regard. In my opinion, and there are many on this site I think would agree, PSA's QO service is almost worthless. We fairly recently had a discussion pertaining to this topic.

Now their FULL service is a different animal. PSA's full service is one of the best in the hobby. I think the full service's success rate is probably closer to 75-80%...probably...depending on the particular area of the hobby. They are probably better with sports autographs than some other areas.
So, in orher words you are better off coming here and getting the opinions of the collectors?

One other word by me. I have a box where I keep my "mistakes". Items I've obtained over the years. What a strong reminder to me to keep improving my skills and knowledge. Some big names in that box. Reagan, Disney, Brando, etc. Ouch!!

Even if you play it safe and buy a book , hopefully the artist wont use autopen.
For now on I am only going to purchase if it's psa/dna, jsa or real authenticated and for $10.00 you can get a quick opinion from psa so worth it. I learned a valuable lesson with my fake. Now to find a good KC signature that won't break the bank!
Also ask other members advice even if it has a psa sticker or jsa.Roger epperson is a tpa, that people use often.
Thank you for all your help, much appreciated! This site is awesome!! The best thing about what happen with the fake nirvana.
If your going to be a long term collector 1500 hundred dollars that you just lost could turn into a higher percentage.
But your on the right path now.
I won't be making anymore nirvana purchases unless everyone approves it authentic from here. Does anyone from this site sell nirvana memorabilia?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service