We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I just bought this letter at auction at what I believe to be a great price, which makes me nervous.  I don't have it in hand yet but would like opinions on its authenticity.  It certainly looks like an authentic Einstein signature.  Also where would be the best place to go for a certification?

Views: 1430

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The pre-auction estimate was...$100-$200? For an Einstein TLS?

It seems "bears a signature" translates to "might be".

Eric

I left what I thought was a low bid not thinking I would get it.  Well I have it now and I will decide what to do with it next.  I will probably drive and pick it up tomorrow.

Well, a TLS with a genuine hand-signed signature would be easily more along the $2500+ line...the initial estimate and description wording...

Eric

+1. 

Hi Chris,

I don't think anyone was suggesting it was not a period letter (I took it to be what it appears - a mass produced letter "bearing" a facsimile signature; but yes, it could of course be something else). And you say "appears to be" - this is not hand-signed - the matching overlays show this. And the examples you linked to appear dead matches as well.

For me, I would return this facsimile letter.

Eric

Hello again,

Here is the first example you linked from eBay (top) with the letter showing the same exact facsimile signature

RSS

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service