We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Here is another Koufax ball, maybe, it's wrapped in plastic and sealed in a case.  (It's white, my camera at night makes while brown).

Inside is a certificate, but I can only see part of it.  Does anyone recognize it?  It's from the mid to late 90's, from commissioner on the ball.

Would that serve as authenticity, or do I need to have it authenticated anyway?  

Views: 300

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like an old Shop At Home cert.

Shop At Home sold approximately $750,000 in forgeries during the Operation Bullpen era.

Really.  Sounds like I need to go through these balls and see if there are more with that cert.

Thanks for your time.

I just read what "Operation Bullpen" was, yikes.

My border is different than the ones I can find for Shop At Home, but the wording I can see is exactly the same.  And I think i'm finding the same two over and over.  I'll open the box. 

The signature is not as good as the two i have that I know are real.  Or one that people here think is real and one with a photo of him signing the photo.

They sold that much in forgeries?! Incredible. 

Yes they did, Garrett.

It's just hard for me to accept the reality there are conscienceless individuals in this world who aren't reluctant to deceive unsuspecting people. 

It's an industry, Garrett.  Big business.

It's really unfortunate that approximately 80% of those that buy autographs are purchasing forgeries.

that koufax is not authentic.  too shaky and a lot of issues with letter formation.

I was hoping that you'd see this.  Thank you.

To the neighborhood kids it goes, after I damage the signature.

Should all mid to late 90's balls be viewed with extra suspicion, especially those signed by players from another era?

every signature should be viewed with extra suspicion. especially Koufax, mantle but include everybody else from 1900-2017. 95 of everything I see on FU-bay is currently a forgery, IMHO

Seems like most of them, balls anyway, on eBay say they are psa/dna or jsa or maybe Beckett certified.  Are those okay?  I want to send some things somewhere to get certified, I assumed any of them were legitimate.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service