We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Moderator's Note: The poster of this discussion removed the Jimi Hendrix autograph he wanted authenticity opinions on from the discussion opening, but we have added the full autograph back in.

jimi Hendrix autograph I purchased in 2002 from a reputable registered dealer.

Views: 7923

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Getting burned stinks, we all have been through it.  Sometimes, especially when big $ is involved, it is very tough news to hear.  No one would have said it was fake if they weren't sure of their opinion. Hope you can get a refund and use that money to buy an authentic piece.  Hopefully the authentication fees weren't too pricey either.

Lets not come to conclusions yet. This is just opinions in a forum and my dealer was 35 years in the game. I have compared my jimi hendrix autograph and have matched attributes in my autograph with real ones. 

Sean

John was not in the game for 35 years.  He started back in 1993 after we met in Sydney when I was there for a McCartney concert.  He was a customer of mine for a few years before that.  He was a complete rookie then.  We kept in touch for about a year and then he vanished.  Every once in a great while I would hear from him but never on any great level. 

Ok I kind of didn't want to say anything but here goes on some "info" about my fellow Aussie dealer collector.

I do not know him or have ever met him.

Originally located in Bowral. A small rural town. The only celebrity ever gone through their is Nicole Kidman (she has a house not far away because its so quiet and no people around)

Wall of fame only ever used a po box. They could "find" you any autograph you want. You tell them who you want and they will get it. Their big selling point were they were the only "registered" dealer (what does that mean? A lot to a newby collector obviously.
They had a site www.walloffame.com.au that doesn't seem to work.

They were then suddenly located in strawberry Hills.

As far as I know they are now located in Western Australia (The other side of the country)
They still spill the same line (we are the only registered dealer in Western Australia)
Still only running from a post office box.
They have a new website which gives no details about them, who the seller is or show their autographs.
It's a website where you tell this "trusted" seller what autograph you want and they will get it for you.

www.autographs.com.au

The latest actual contact information I can find does not even mention John Massetti. It is a lady's name and mobile number. Wether or not this is John hiding or someone else taking over the "company" I do not know.

Just thought this may be helpful information for you.
Wall Of Fame Autographs sell Movie Autographs, Music Autographs, Television Autographs, Models Autographs, Directors Autographs, Sport Autographs and Historical Autographs. Their motto is "If they`ve signed it, we`ll find it". Wall Of Fame also provides an Authentication and Valuation service.

walloffame.com.au is a premier provider of authentic autographs online in Australia! Offering a huge selection of high quality autographs starting as low as $8!

If they still are saying that they are a UACC registered dealer, that´s a lie!

http://uacc.org/dealerdirectory.php

They were, but no longer are. I don´t know why, either they cancelled their membership or were expelled.

Another slanderous remark against a respected dealer, common in these forums. Anyway, as said, this was a long time ago, way before all you kids. Not everything lasts forever you know. He was in business a long time and must have recently closed because only a few years ago I spoke to him..  He was not expelled and he is not lying about been a member. Might pay to have some facts before you slander someone you don't know on the internet. He is very respected and sold some great stuff. Actually Roger knows him. 

No slanderous remarks from myself or Don. Stated facts you find.

He collected some great things. Apparently had a great old formula 1 collection.

Another fact is all dealers have made mistakes at some time in their lives. A lot of people around here say that you never know that something is real unless you get it yourself. Many dealers get into the trouble of overly trusting their suppliers and then passing on what they receive.

I think Steve said it best when he stated that back in the day their wernt many experts around. Add that to the fact the Internet didn't exist so people couldn't compare signatures to see what was real and what was not.

So yeah this guy brought a lot of autographs that he thought were great in the 60's 70's and 80's but that doesn't mean they were authentic. Only that he trusted someone that they were, and in return you trusted him.

The lady you mentioned is actually a member of this site, although her last post was about three years ago.

Sean,

You were not blocked. We can't block members out of discussions. But the decision on whether or not to close a discussion is a moderators, and I'm keeping this one open, at least for now. We rarely close discussions here.

Out of these images, please prove mine is a fake. You don't have to be an expert to see the close similarities. 

Sean, these are all fake.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service