We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I recently bought for a few dollars a NASA lithograph signed by William Anders. The seller said it was a Autopen but it does not seem to resemble any known matrix. What is your opinion? thanks

Views: 868

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Manuel

As you probably know, Bill Anders is by far the toughest Apollo astronaut in terms of autographs. He does not like to sign and would intentionally change up his signature and sign inconsistently just to mess with collectors and dealers. IMO, there may be more Anders forgeries than authentic exemplars.

This is a very interesting example. It does not match any of the 5 published Autopen patterns. Yet, it has all the characteristics of an Autopen. Hard dots at the ends of lines. Slight "quivering" look. Uniform speed and line width. Can you send me a larger, brighter image?

here is a picture:  http://tinypic.com/r/whdwf4/6

I've reviewed my reference files and books and this does not match any of the published Autopen patterns. However, there is little doubt it is an Autopen. The hard dots at the ends... the shaky quivering, etc.  

Thanks for the reply. I thought that Autopen of the astronauts were all known. Perhaps even in the world of Autopen there are some rarities :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service