We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Tags: https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/autographed-cds/products/backstreet_boys-a_very_backstreet_christmas_cd_autographed?variant=41636988780724

Views: 2908

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeah, I wouldn't quit ordering either, we know these days it's hit or miss with anything we buy whether it be Quality, Autopens, 1-letter initials, not as described, etc., it's always a gamble but I guess that's what makes you appreciate the ones you get that live up to or exceed expectations even more.  

also, AJs signature has an extreme variation in pen pressure

just came back and saw all the points you all made and not stuff I was thinking about. I just thought it looked off from most that I have gotten, I think it is the texture thing that throws me off and I would have preferred the smooth look a sharpie normally makes but as long as they are real i can live with it. 

Ultimately, That all that matters to me anymore as well. Its why I'm in this hobby in the 1st place. I don't care about value or presentation as much as just obtaining their autographs, That always comes 1st to me. If I'm buying from the secondary market, that's a different story, but I understand thats why its a concern with collectors who place monetary value on their items as future investments. 

yeah, I definitely do it for future investment or I wouldn't be buying signatures from artists who I couldn't name one of their songs, which is probably 90% of what I buy. good Rock and Metal autographs don't come around that often so it would be a boring hobby if I just bought what I was a fan of. I just look for the big names or potential future stars. but as far as this one, what Eric said describes what I was thinking, it's the semi-transparent look that I don't really like, and that made me question it. not my favorite buy but definitely not my worst either lol

This is not investment grade material IMO. The quality is not there.

Just a recent example for comparison, If you bought the Chicago CDs from TSL, its pretty much the same quality art card with a gold marker instead of silver. They are also matt finish of a replica cover but its only of the Chicago logo..  no one questioned if those were autopens and no one questioned the quality of the art card either, although BSB is a replica photo where Chicago is a replica logo, Still, both are replicas of the actual cd cover, printed on cardstock with a matt finish... Its also easier to spot the difference instantly when the signatures on Chicago are more complete compared to BSBs shortened signatures. The gold marker still creates a similar effect but Roberts marker for Chicago was drying out on most, and then he switched to a black marker. Although you are right that the silver in the BSB art cards seem more transparent for some. 

You are a different type of collector than I am for sure. but there is no fault in that. I'm the complete opposite of you where 90% of my autographs bought are because I'm a fan first and also, my tastes in music are different. I do love Rock and Metal, but I've never stuck to one specific genre. Growing up, I was all over the place finding reasons to enjoy everything I heard. I admit though, I tend to stay away from Rap and Country. I've definitely been inspired by both of those genres at some point in my life but for some reason, they are not items I wish to collect and I cant exactly explain why.. There are no wrong answers in this hobby, We are all driven differently. 

yeah growing up it was rock and metal only for me, I listen to many different styles now but just not into pop, Rap, or Country and if you avoid those you won't be collecting very much these days lol. and you're right that different people collect for different reasons, for me, it's just a hobby to pass the time with since I have plenty of it these days and more fun than just putting the money in the bank. so yeah mainly just an investment for me. although when I do get my hands on something I am a fan of that's different and a keeper lol. 

I'm hoping it was worth the price. That is not an investment grade item.

this is why we will clash, I don't care one bit about this as an investment.. I'm a fan 1st and care about looking back and reminiscing on these later in life... I have started to pay attention to value lately since I am collecting for my 2 year old daughter as well but its more of an afterthought. Its something I'm aware of but not an aspect that drives my own collection. To answer your comment as simple as possible though, yes, these were definitely worth the price for me, no question. BSB was a huge part of my life in my teens and 20s.. lots of memories with friends and ex girlfriends. even with my wife now, we snuck into a BSB concert in 2014 and saw Avril Lavigne perform as well.. that was a great night, mostly because we got away with it

I still feel the overall quality isn't terrible though

I ONLY collect movies and music I have seen and loved. They are not investments but I do go for the highest quality and condition I can find. I'm glad you are happy with you new item :-)

I know that comment wasn't for me but I don't think we clash, we just like different music and collect for different reasons. plus I am already old so the time for me to look back and reminisce would be now or never lol. but I guess the way you feel about BSB is how I feel about the Kiss, Ozzy, and AC/DC autographs because that's what I grew up with and had good memories of. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service