We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Good evening! George look ok on this one?

Views: 1188

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks OK to me...this card was issued in March 1963...

I'm not sure what happened at the beginning of the "G", but overall it looks good to me too.

It's an interesting set. Paul's signature looks unusual to me but the inscription is classic him. John's first name is signed like I don't recall seeing before, but "Lennon" looks solid to me. George's looks fine except for the double line in G. Only Ringo's autograph looks completely normal.

Nothing looks bad to me...just not what you see most of the time. I think it would be a cool addition to a collection of variations.

What do you think, Ballroom?

I agree that the Paul and John signatures aren't typical examples, but I've seen others that are pretty similar. This set was authenticated by Tracks and is said to be from mid-'63.

You can see the subtle changes in their handwriting...refining their autographs. Lennon started using this style of "J" in his first name around the time this card was issued...circa. March 1963. This was the last card that Parlophone put out.

Thanks, Jim. Do you have other examples handy to post? This is an education for me.

On youtube I watched this show called pawnathon from Canada and they knocked back a Beatles set from Tracks.

Did anyone else see that?  The dealers thought it was fake because George signature the G was slightly different.

No...can you post it?

I wouldn't know how Steve.

Just put in beatles auctions Canada and scroll down it say Beatles autographs Pawnathon Canada and it goes for 2 min.

Maybe you could have a look for me and post.

Hold it...this is my site and I have to do all the work? ;)

OK...here it is. Thanks for telling us about it:

Thanks Steve.

I saw it. It was completely ridiculous.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service