BONNIE TYLER 40th Anniversary Edition of Faster Than The Speed Of Night Red Vinyl With Signed Print

Views: 1138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been told that it had to do with it being much easier and cheaper to ship Art cards, Prints, or postcards to the artists to sign than the actual albums but not positive that is the reason

To: Joel S

That makes sense.

I just wonder why, then, musicians are being treated so differently, say, to authors, who traditionally have been expected to attend their publisher's offices - or a bookseller's premises - to add their monikers.

Admittedly the requirement for authors to do this has been/is changing with more and more publishers adding "signed" sheets to the book as an extraneous item but adding in a signed "print" by a scribbler I am yet to see

yeah again, sending the author a box of pages to sign rather than many boxes of books just makes more sense, and why you're seeing so many doing the tipped-in pages now, which I don't mind but not really a fan of the bookplates

Prints make a bit less sense for signed books, especially when it's relatively easy to stick on a bookplate or add a tipped in page to the book. The media and the way it's put together is different. No one really wants a slicker slapped on their album, and there's really no other trick (i.e. tip in) for adding the artist signature to the vinyl or CD other than including a separate item.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service