We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi all

Would please love some expert opnions on this Bowie signed Labyrinth LP.

Thanks

Tags: Bowie

Views: 2761

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RACC dealers, UACC dealers, JSA, PSA, on and on. Makes no difference. The autograph has to speak for itself.

Absolutely agree Joe.

From what I've seen of the seller's inventory over the years, he seems legit. Just saying.

I am not in anyway insinuating that this dealer's entire inventory is 'bad', i was just particularly interested in the item i posted and if it is genuine and to see what the consensus of the Forum was in regards to authenticity. 

I never personally received anything like this from Bowie, and there's really not much to go by here.

However, there are many legit variations to Bowie's autograph. This also seems to be signed in ballpoint. For academic purposes it would be nice to know how this compares to other rushed examples.

I imagine pickings for authentic Bowie signed Labyrinth items are pretty slim.

I don't have the time to go over these right now but rushed/IP Bowie can look like the first one, the others are pretty much inside the "Bowie box", even the two not shown here. The signature styles even correspond to the years signed ('83 + '91). I do not know the other signature.

Thanks Eric as always.

If that first Bowie is Legit, then I really need to crack down harder on Bowie sigs and variations

I can see the second photo example might have a chance. 

I'm back for two minutes. Having looked over some exemplars, yes, these all bear traits, including the first one, with IP/rushed Bowie's from 1983 and 1991. The other two not shown here are a bit harder to see but look OK - esp the Cat People.

Does anybody know what a real Jennifer Conelly would be?  I have heard that when asked to do a thru the mail from her that you get a secretarial back.  Here is an example of it.

Attachments: No photo uploads here

I think people need to step back on some opinions. The fuller Bowie looks very typical to a 90s signature. He varied quite a bit during this time period and even had some very sloppy examples. Here’s another one in the same period. 

I completly agree with Seamus here, maybe we should be just a bit more carefull when calling out a dealer and accusing them of selling fakes!

I’ve seen these more often on AML over the last months, people I know nothing about their knowledge about signature screaming out ”FAKES” and then been proven wrong! That leaves a bad taste in my mouth and is something I wish should stop if this site should continue to serve it purpose!

Without knowing anything about the autographs discussed in this thread, I can say that seller AV-Autographs is from my experience both trustworty and great doing business with!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service