We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Anyone with a solid expertise with Boris Karloff, take a look at this photo.   I have collected his autograph for over 25 years.  Also I sent to someone I consider the  credible expert on Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi.   But just curious to hear opinions here.

Views: 5761

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

An interesting email I received today (something I actually thought about yesterday).   This signature history and evidence seems to date it around 1932.   That would make the photo a First Generation photo and most likely have a significant influence on value,  i..e up to now has a First Generation Frankenstein studio photo Ever been signed by Karloff ? . 

Maybe worth having the photo itself certified by PSA (or Henry Yee)

Hi.   I am looking for some assistance please.   My parents recently found a UK old style driving license, some old photos and a few letters all in the name of Boris Karloff.  Is there much interest out there for this legend?  Sue
Yes...a lot of interest. Would you like to upload images here? How can we help?
They are all at my parents house at the moment, they live out of London.  I believe there is also a passort in his wifes name.  Thanks for the quick reply.  Sue
album page signed by Karloff
Attachments: No photo uploads here
My vote is yes!
It's really great, isn't it?

Hey folks, check out my latest video.....though it may be a bit scary for some of you...;}

(just scroll a couple inches down, you'll see it)

http://www.cvtreasures.com/vintage-movie-posters-sci-fi-horror-movi...

Looking at Frankie torn up...now that's scary!

Hi, guys.

First and foremost, allow me to congratulate the owner of this piece for acquiring what may be one of the most iconic, fiendishly rare autographed horror costume portraits I've seen to date.  I'm not certain, but I believe the dedication may be to Arthur J. Kellor, the noted illustrator of the 1920s and 1930s.  I would estimate the value of this piece to be in the realm of $15,000.00.  

It is my firm opinion that this photo is authentically autographed.  Anyone uncertain of this might consider the many incontrovertible signature and handwriting exemplars on Karloff available in my database, at this web address, where one can observe the subtle changes in his penmanship over time:

http://www.thecead.com/knamesfolder/karloffboris.pdf

Best,

Gary

Creator & Founder, The Classic Entertainment Autograph Database (www.TheCEAD.com)

Hi Gary,

I had checked out your site last year when I posted this but don't recall the early version of the leading "B".    Did you recently update Karloff examples? 

BTW, your site?   One of the most valuable contributions to the autograph community in a long time.  Thanks!

Kevin,

We have this awesome Karloff this month and I thought I would share the image.

Bobby

www.rrauction.com

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service