We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Can someone Please help me, possible Ebay scam : Lon Chaney jr./John Wayne/Bela Lugosi

I am a recent member of this site, and would really appreciate if anyone could help verify/confirm these items authenticity?

I am concerned, because this ebay seller has several autographs for sale and claims that he had an uncle the worked in Hollywood form the 1940s-1970s, and obtained a plethora of signatures and memorabilia for movies. 

I'll be honest, I am very novice, but have suspicions about the seller, partly due to the fact the nearly all his autographs are on  'odd materials' such as vintage amusement park flyers or old yellowed lined paper. In addition, all his signatures are in pencil, which is not necessarily bad, but makes me very suspicious. 

I would appreciate if anyone could help soon, thank you .

Tags: Bela, Chaney, John, Jr., Lon, Lugosi, Wayne

Views: 1711

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I emailed the seller of the Wayne autograph....he said he is away and will check it... But it seems to 'check out' with his archives of wayne autographs. 

Hmmm. 

I just looked and see that surfinsafari505 ended this auction on July 22nd it states:
"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261968915893?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&a...

Was the original seller from Hershey, Pennsylvania? chancellor73?

Yes, he is from Hershey PA, and yes that is the seller. The only reason I have not posted his information is that his refund has not cleared yet. I was worried he might take my money and run. I am planning on contacting ebay about this seller because he has been conning people left and right claiming he has an "Uncle Harry" who worked in hollywood. To be honest, he is quite sly..he provided studios and the final apartment complex name where his uncle resided...but he didn't anticipate I would carefully research all the information he provided. Nothing checks out.

I can't believe this.....so it looks like someone scooped up the autograph from chancellor73, and is now peddling it off claiming its authentic. Good catch Joe W. 

People are bidding on the Wayne. I reported it, but others need to also for the possibility of removal to save somebody else from being robbed.

I reported Chancellor73 to eBay, and left him negative feedback. Be suspicious of this seller. 

After you recieve the refund would be good information to see what proof he showed

I wish I took a photo of the paper. But, in all seriousness the seller sent a notepad piece of paper that stated something like "This item was obtained by my Uncle Harry. Uncle Harry worked in hollywood from the 1940s-1970s and was liked by many. He made friends with celebrities and they would give him gifts. I hope you enjoy this item as much as he did. "

Unbelievable. 

So, I was fair, and asked him for further information...like a LAST name?? He stated his uncles name is Harry Jessup. I asked a birthday/date of passing, and he 'couldn't remember, but will try to find out'. I asked if there are any photos of his uncle with some of the celebrities..."doesn't have any, but will look and see". I asked if he has a last known address, workplace address. He provided a name of  apartments in LA...I called them, and they had no record of a Harry Jessup. I did a search for the name Harry Jessup...not records are found in california that match the description the seller provided. Finally, I decided to have some of the previous autographs he sold examined....and they all got kicked back as fake. 

I find it hard to believe that many people are satisfied with the 'proof' he provides. Buyers are paying ridiculous amounts for cufflinks, tie clasps, necklaces....that they believe are owned by the celebrity. As soon as I saw the 'proof' he provided, I was immediately suspicious. I should have trusted my gut from the beginning with this guy. 

I also found out that if he doesn't sell a 'celebrity' owned item on eBay....he simply lists it on another selling forum, and doesn't even mention that it was celebrity owned. What a creeper .

Welcome, and yeah there are literally thousands of scammers out there. Daily, lonely women are sending thousands of bucks to con men in Nigeria no matter how many times they are warned not to. There is a sea of forgeries out there and Ebay is guilty also for not properly monitoring what goes on. They sure jumped on getting rid of confederate flag sellers though!

Yep, believe it or not....I left chancellor73 negative feedback after I filed a formal complaint, and the eBay rep was thankful I reported this and was meticulous with my research. Literally 2 hours later, the negative feedback was removed by ebay!! After spending another 1/2 hour on the phone, a second eBay rep was shocked the feedback was removed, as it was not rude or violated ebay rules, but their system cannot allow that decision to be reversed. He is filing an additional report, and is having the supervisor call me before the end of the day. 

Unbelievable. 

Worst experience.  But I appreciate all the help from the forum!

Ebay makes money off of all these forgeries Just ask Chris Williams! Ebay still has some good deals and great items but you really have to be careful and something definitely stinks there!

Proposal if the showpiece of the collection turns out to be fake?

http://www.autograph-market.com/component/zoo/item/proposal-if-the-...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service