We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Picked this up at an estate auction.  Just sent it off to PSA to be authenticated.  It came with a letter from "Rare and Signed" but since I had never heard of them before, I sent it to PSA.  Place your bets!

Views: 898

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It appears to be his signature.  I am curious about the document that it was cut from.  The writing beneath the signature does not appear to be in his handwriting.  Good luck and keep us posted.

i doubt psa will pass it, rare and signed are to be avoided.

what did you pay for it?

I think you may be right about PSA Paul.  I was just taking a closer look at it and there appears to be quite a few stops in it.  It also looks a little shaky to me.  I'm curious about the ink and paper as well.

Unfortunately that looks like it was signed the day before the auction. Here's a real Dickens, from The Raab Collection: http://www.raabcollection.com/charles-dickens-autograph/signed-volu...

IMO not authentic.

Here is a scan of a Charles Dickens handwritten note:

Well I have my fingers crossed.  I was hoping some or the sloppiness might have been because he was using an inkwell or something but I am fairly new to this hobby so I don't know much about these things.   I got this for cheaper than the actual PSA authentication fee so I won't be out a whole lot if it isn't authentic but I'm still hoping. 

I think that the sloppiness may be the result of a slowly moving fountain pen.  That would cause pools of ink to occur.  I am not an expert but that is what I suspect.

Don't waste your money with those fools...it's 100% fake. Sorry.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service