We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Just came across these on eBay. He has three photos signed by the mick. All seem to be a super reasonable price.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=201215...

Views: 614

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From my experience...This Football Amy guy almost always bids his max in the first 5 minutes of ALL Mantle E-bay Autographs auctions (Balls & Photos) Almost never will you see him bid at the end of an auction.

He usually wins many of low quality Mantle items and yes, I've seen them bid on fakes in the past. (They were usually pulled back then-now that they don't pull fakes, I don't buy PERIOD) It has been over a year and half since I bid against them, but you know exactly who they are by their feedback number & A***A...for whatever it's worth. I can't imagine they make much flipping what he buys, but to each their own. I always thought they put a realistic bid at the beginning of an auction to price enforce. 

Bear in mind the unnatural appearing freshness can simply be the result of the image contrast, lighting, etc. Sometimes slightly faded and streaky signatures can appear darker and bolder than they really are. Plus, I think black sharpie on a postcard would stay very fresh looking especially if it was not displayed. The ink sinks right into the surface, unlike a photo where it lays on the surface and looks a little more translucent.

There appears to be a good deal of natural variation in their offerings as well. If this was a forger, he not only is doing master fakes, but doing them with great variation... and selling them for around $130?

Doubtful in my opinion.

Here is another one they listed at a very reasonable price that is no question authentic:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mantle-Autograph-8-X-10-no-coa-near-...

Hi, Ryan.

I want to thank you for posting this auction. I bought the item and it arrived today. It is now the centerpiece of my baseball autograph collection.

Peter

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service