We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Comic-Con San Diego starts tomorrow. There are celebrities galore signing autographs live, and those, of course, you can trust the authenticity of.

But what about other autographs offered there? How safe is it to buy there? How do you know you're buying the real deal?

Tags: Comic-con, authenticity, autographs

Views: 330

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As this happens in my backyard here in San Diego, I can tell you...you still have the risk if you are BUYING anything from a company set up there. There are many signing for free (promoting movies or shows), but those usually have long lines and it gets confusing on when to line up, so figure that out early on when you get there. The amount of times I tried to get Matt Groening (The Simpsons), Stan Lee (comic book legend), and a few authors...and it never happened. Other times, I'd find out people I loved (Shirley Manson, the singer of Garbage), were signing for free, but it wasn't listed anywhere. It's soooo frustrating. There are also many that sign for $25 a pop, and a lot of them are the same ones that do the autograph shows in LA (at the Marriott) and other places (Lou Ferrigno, etc).

If you have a ticket to the event, the people that charge for autographs are REQUIRED to sign one for free, but ONLY on the official program, not on memorabilia. That's where they'll charge you extra.

Good luck to everyone that goes and please...share your stories here.

Curious to hear about that too. If you go to a Wizard World con, for example, you're bound to find at least a few of "those guys" who sell the worst of the worst and have everyone under the sun (Fully signed Queen drumhead for $200, anyone?). I've always been wondering if the colossal San Diego event is policed better or have more rampant issues due to the scope.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service