We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello,

someone offers me this autograph of Dan Blocker. But I am not shure, if it is a real autograph of the Bonanza cast member. What do you think? The autograph is attached as a file.

Thanks for your help.

Petmor

Views: 804

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's very faint and hard to see but, from what I see, I do not see any similarity to Dan Blocker's signature on this picture.

Thank you, Joe!

How about this one?

Honestly, that looks like a preprint.

When you say preprint, do you mean that it's printed on the paper or made by a stamp?  I zoomed in on the paper and thought it looked like it was on top. 

Sorry for the questions, I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

The first one in this thread with the faint ink is not Blocker. This last one you posted is proper for Dan Blocker, that is his handwriting. I have friend who's a TV western fan and he has authenticated pictures of almost all of the 50s and 60s TV western stars and co-stars signed and on his wall.

I don't think it's pre-printed, or maybe a big stamp, but examination in person is often the best option to tell for sure.

I'm trying to figure out how to vet an "autograph" a little myself, that's why I'm curious to know what a pre-print is and if I can spot them. 

I've posted about this before, but we inherited 100 binders at least of signed material, and I've picked five at random to go though.  I found this site, and people have been very kind to me with help.

I am actually friends with Dan's son, though I hate to ask him about his father, but last resort I'll ask if he knows the photo or the signature.

I can't imagine what he would say if he knew I spent most of a night looking at zooms of his father and the signature:-)

I am though more interested in how do you spot a pre-print.

Thank you for your replay!

So that's how you spot a preprint!

Sorry if I'm boring you, I'm just trying to add context for people who might not have seen it. 

I'm not all that concerned about this particular autograph, but I would like to learn from it.

Sorry, I should have given a better explanation. mncnc, your Blocker is correct for his style of handwriting although it appears to be a through the mail copy of his signature. Could be a stamped signature or a preprint. Here is a another example of the same photo with the exact same signature, only in black and white.

Thank you very much.

How do you find these images, do you just know where to look?  I've been using tineye, I found several black and white but none with any signatures.  Or stamps:-)

Just call me Sherlock Holmes! Seriously, I just poked around a bit and found this. Glad to be of help.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service