We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi, appreciate thoughts on this one. Cheers, Tim

Views: 1138

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

blue is around becuase thats what we all used visa vi blue sharpie ,it didnt fade and dried very quick.they dont make them any more

Thanks! The only thing I have in blue is steel tipped Bowie. I don't like it. I really love the 1940's/50's emerald green fountain. 

Correction. Inner sleeve of "77" with Mick Rock photo signed by the Talking Heads - blue Sharpie or felt, 1977-1980.

if u notice the most autographs signed by ip from late 80s thru the 2000'S all blue sharpie called visi vi . it was the best marker for graphs

notsure if the still make it but sharpie made a black that is called the autograph sharpie .its doesnt yellow and not supposed to fade only problem it drys like a paint pain so multiples are hard i have a few at my apartment somewere

It is true but I have stuck with black for all when possible with R&R. In Hollywood/TV, my vintage Honeymooners set is blue fountain, that grey/blue. Jackie is in black. And a blue ballpoint from '58 from Trixie. I think I know the black you are talking about. 

u should look into the sharpie autograph marker if u can find them'

'otherwise black will oxidize and turn yellow espeicaly on programs.just a heads up. thats why we use blue it doesnt

Thank you. Most of the stuff is rather old already - hopefully stable. None of it sees light but I hear you re oxidation. Regular black flat Sharpie C. 2000 and prior? Any observations/suggestions? The rest is old felt tip 1960's and to 90's apart from a very few. I do not plan on adding anything new. This recent Waters thing was a one-off.

Say, I need to store this Waters signed Wall DVD until I can frame it - would a slip of acid free paper over the graph in a polypropylene sleeve be OK with no weight on top?

at the essex house, sept 1995, we were told hes not going to sign anything with blue ink, meaning a blue sharpie, by the guy who was with him, this collector named vance, had a black autograph pen, that resembles a sharpie. bowie came out, and signed about 5 or so. i never understood his thing with blue ink.

he belived if u had a blue marker u were a dealer.

i guess thats the reason, i agree with you, but i seen dealors use black, blue, red, you name it. but anyhow he was nice and a good signer.

yes  thats why ,he  said it to us directly i think u were there

honestly, he never talked with me, the guy who was with him would come out of the essex house first, and give us the blue sharpie lecture, than david would come out, always with a big smile on his face. i really miss that genius. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service