We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Dolly Parton & James Patterson signed book!!

Be quick!!! 

Sure to sell out pretty quick! 

UK buyers, remember 6.8% cash back with topcashback. Also £5 when you spend £30 and £10 when you spend £50 on WHSmith website with code: BEQUICK

https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/run-rose-run-signed-edition/doll...

Tags: Book, Dolly, James, Parton, Patterson, Signed

Views: 42315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Totally hear you. I’m not stopping either, I will get my money back for this BS. If PayPal doesn’t resolve for me, will be pursuing legal options against Chronicle for beyond $325.

Would love to see the involved parties, including Dolly, under oath in depositions regarding who perpetrated this fraudulent scheme. 

Interesting, thanks for posting. Good to know you tried on the Ozzy deal, had been wondering if anyone ever looked into it before (I wasn’t involved in that one). Not surprised you were turned away, I get that they would want solid proof and most probably not accustomed to this type of case

Like Thom said too, the attorney general may be the proper outlet on the civil side, but I had considered the criminal implications with the mail fraud aspect also. I will explore all available remedies, I have time and willing to go further in the hole until corrected. That may sound crazy, but not letting it go. The $325 was gone long ago, it’s about principle now. 

Good to know, sounds like you really explored options…sucks, I agree we don’t have much leverage to take on a big company. But hopeful PayPal will resolve on mine, so I don’t have to put more time/energy into it. 

Funny, I thought of TMZ as well lol, along with my local news investigative reporter (I’m in Nashville area so may be of some relevance)…grasping at straws here lol…

My credit card has refunded my money from Chronicle Bookstore because it is not the item I was to receive.  Despite being over 6 months, they are crediting me and opening a dispute with Chronicle Bookstore.  Thanks to those who advised me to go to my credit card. Note that I did this via the credit card Fraud department!

Congratulations! 

The seller gets hit where it hurts.

I hope more people have success doing the same thing.

There may be some other ramifications, such as being blocked by the seller on future issues. But maybe that's not a consideration.

Not at all!  If I want to get something, there are alternative means.

Just got this response from Chronicle, they must be joking lol: 

Dear ,

Thank you for expressing your concern regarding the authenticity of Dolly Parton’s signature on your copy of the limited edition of SONGTELLER.

Dolly Parton’s management team has confirmed that her signatures are legitimate. We had the sleeves printed locally in Nashville and forwarded to her for signature before the vinyl was inserted. Indeed, one reason the signed edition was so limited in its size was because of the quantity we could expect Dolly to sign personally, making it all the more exclusive.

We appreciate your expressing your concerns. Valuing our relationship with you as a customer, we would like to offer you a $35 gift card (plus free shipping with code) from our website, using this code:

All best, 

I don’t know what they cost originally - is that a decent offer?

The problem here is that her "management team" sees an autopen signature as "legitimate".  

I emailed them back saying its unacceptable. I told them I’m filing a fraud claim and filing with the Attorney General. I CC’d my lawyer in it. I’m calling Amex tomorrow to start the claim. I told them I’ll return the book at their expense for a refund if needed. They are a garbage company. Why would I buy another book from them? If they weren’t some legitimacy why would they offer a discount. If I was in the wrong and they had actual proof they’d tell me goodbye and never offer a discount. Terrible business people. 

Vinyl?  A record also? I thought this was a book??

Steve V. : A small vinyl sleeve was signed.  Not the book itself. You can see a version on Ebay.

Matt, I just found the exact same b******* template e-mail here in my inbox a moment ago, right after I read your post!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service