We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Here are three signed contracts between The Doors and Elektra Records. As you can see, two of these are identical pages from an October 1968 contract. The other is a page from a February 1970 contract. Although the signatures are all clearly different, I find them to be very similar in appearance.

I'd like to point out that the other signature on each of these contracts is that of Elektra President Jac Holzman. On each of the two 1968 contracts, Holzman has signed above Lawrence Harris' printed name. Harris was also an Elektra executive at that time.

A few things that I find particularly unusual in comparing the signatures are the second "r" and second "o" in "Morrison", and the "n" in "John."

Thoughts?

Tags: autographs, contracts, doors, elektra, gotta, have, holzman, jac, jim, morrison, More…ocher2007, rock, roll, signatures

Views: 6481

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is, in my opinion, an obvious forgery of the 1968 contract. This was on eBay quite some time ago.

Yet another example of the 1968 contract. I feel that the 1970 contract is authentic, while all of these 1968 contracts are likely forgeries. I suspect that an authentically signed copy of the 1968 contract may not even exist.

I would add Tim Buckley, another legendary Elektra artist, to that list. Quite a lineup indeed.
Nice collection! Thanks for posting these. Notice that Lawrence Harris has signed a couple of these contracts. Although Harris is also listed as the signer on the 1968 Doors contracts, it's actually Jac Holzman's "signature." Holzman signed the 1970 contract, which appears to have been used as a template.
The paper used for the contracts seems to vary, but the signature on the 1970 "template" contract is definitely that of Jac Holzman. Holzman's name isn't printed below his signature, so it could possibly have been mistaken as being the signature of Lawrence Harris.
Great documents.  I haven't seen anything DS's by all of the Doors for awhile now.
i dont think all of the doors contracts shown are genuine
I wish I could add these to my collection.  Jimi Hendrix isn't my cup of tea but I love the Doors.
Not one of those contracts is genuine,dont be fooled,there decent forges just like the hendrix letters..They are not real
The 1970 contract is genuine (the one that begins "5. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary..."). It is reproduced on page 177 of the book "Becoming Elektra", and its authenticity has been verified by Jac Holzman.
i respect your opinion,but..there are extremely good forgers out there,ecspecially when it comes to the doors,hendrix,beatles etc,the original contracts are owned by a long time doors collector and expert whom i know,he has never posted any pictures of them on the internet..i have seen them in person at a show,  those are not genuine..and elektra did not use paper work like that where there had to be signatures..trust me on this..i can even tell you who forged the one you say is genuine,but im not going to get in any legal trouble
Interesting. I'm very surprised to read this, to say the least.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service