We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Hi I,m interested in some Autos I found on the Ebay seller  Skyline-Signatures http://stores.ebay.com/Skyline-Signatures site,  Would you say this is a safe seller to buy from?  I know it's a minefield out there so ANY informed opinion would be Very much Appreciated.

Many Thanks

Damien VT

Views: 8445

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well i appreciate you informing about the white sheets Michael. It seems you know what your talking about. And im referring to the white sheet prevalence and use issue. I have always been told that Skyline is a solid source, which no one has denied, and i believe it. Cost wise, well to each his own. And i do agree that a dealer does indeed need to inform his customers if they are using white sheets. So many are unaware of what is going on with white sheets, including myself.  By informing more and more people about white sheets. Michael you are helping out many including myself. I think there is a thread on them somewhere on here already, but a new one might not hurt if you have the time Michael. If more people know what to look for , then hopefully it can be stopped dead in its tracks

I agree Carl.  I would never purchase from a seller who prints images over autographs gathered on white sheets.

Michael T, please do not misrepresent what I say.  What you originally referred to had nothing to do with a sketch.  Every single autographed photo that I have ever purchased from Skyline Signatures has been on Fujicolor Crystal Archive Paper.  I am willing to guess that DVT's Evangeline Lilly autographed photo is printed on the same photo paper.

If you don't mind, I have a quick question for you.  On December 16, 2013, you stated in this discussion "As a matter of fact, we just saw them last night at the Anchorman 2 premiere in NYC with them (ask them about Fred Willard)."  You referred to this statement again on December 21, 2013, when you stated "And like I stated earlier, we witnessed him (Eric) and his 'helper' obtaining Fred Willard on a white sheet just the other day."  If you are located in New York City, and you are obviously racking autographs on the streets of the City, why is it that you have identified your city of residence as Los Angeles, CA in your profile?  Perhaps you should update it.

I believe that everyone is telling some degree of truth here.  Some more than others.  I will keep a close eye on my Tim Burton sketch.  Quite honestly, I am beginning to doubt that it will fade.  As a matter of fact, since this discussion was added I have read that some artists use Sharpies and inkjet paper for their works.  They would probably laugh at me if I voiced my concern to them.  Perhaps they will not think it very funny if their works of art fade over time.  I suppose that only time will tell.

Incidentally, I am still waiting to hear from Rock G III about his cousin's collection.

Michael T used to use the screen name Michael H here. He is a dealer in California.

We've asked him to change back to Michael H, since that's how he's been known here for almost two years.

He had an emergency with his kids and never made it. But we spoke briefly through email. He said he used both Sharpies and stedlaer (I may have spelled that wrong). He said he did them on his laser printer (which I am not 100% he has, I think he may have an inkjet and is mistaken)

Thats about all I got, obviously he threw them out and I never thought to take a pic of a faded picture.

Thanks Rock G III.  I am sorry to hear that he never made it on Christmas and I hope that everything turned out alright.  Happy New Year.

I never heard about getting blank inkjet photo paper signed and printing the photo afterwards until a couple of years ago. I'm not concerned about inkjet color photos fading, since today's quality inkjet color photos have been tested to hold up dramatically better than they did a decade ago.

But I do think it's only right to identify them as originating as autographs signed on blank white paper, because most buyers will assume that they were signed after the photo was printed.

Thank you Steve.  It sounds like my sketch will be just fine.  I am beginning to wonder if this is nothing more than an urban legend that is being spread by one person with a personal agenda.  Please do not misunderstand me.  I would never knowingly purchase an autograph that was signed on a piece of blank inkjet paper and later printed over with an image.  I would, however, purchase my Tim Burton sketch again in a heartbeat.

Is Micheal T the world of autographs guy in the other posts? It seems there is a little war going on.

That appears to be the case, although I am not sure about anything that is going on other than a search for the truth.

Yea- this guy Michael T or H whatever his name is posts inaccurate/false information about my items. All items are authentic and professional quality photo print.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service