We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Could I get a opinion on this Elizabeth Taylor signed playbill.
Thank you

Views: 2108

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

? Did you read the last 3 pages? Did you see and read the scans and exemplars I posted? I don't understand - you are to be showing exemplers now, not me. What more can I show? You are claiming the playbill is real so it is on you I think.

The Playbill is the one no one thinks is real, and the Cead exemplars are certainly 100% genuine. I don't follow you.

I wouldn't buy the Playbill for the very reasons of it's very nature being hard to prove, and yet it seems to be very old, the ink is old, on an equally old item and is personalized.

These are things I find lend towards it's authenticity. Also ET's signature has quite a bit of variety, but I see good points of reference. It just isn't a full, signed-on-good surface, easily recognized one, thus it may well be real, but a difficult decision for investment. It's careless for sure, but could be real.

I found this on here, but not sure where it actually is - do you consider this signed photo be authentic?

http://autographmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/TaylorBurto. - is this meant to be real? I am assuming so.

"...it seems to be very old, the ink is old, on an equally old item and is personalized..."

...all of which would be just as true of a secretarial (although those are not always dedicated).

"It just isn't a full, signed-on-good surface, easily recognized one, thus it may well be real, but a difficult decision for investment."

From you just wrote, it is not a difficult decision. It will always be worth considerably less than a blazingly genuine example signed nicely. Just - why bother with a less than stellar not easily recognizable piece, no matter the price? It's a problem sale waiting to happen (or not, or to be returned).

Taylor-Burton you linked to is genuine.

Thanks. Eric

Here is another signed playbill from the same person that has the other Elizabeth Taylor I posted, only this one has Burton on it as well. 

One of these seems odd man out...

I think your on to something here. I'm going to post several I obtained over the years and believed to be non authentic. One is a signed hamlet program from a lp box set with burtons signature as well. The others were sent through the mail 80's to 90's. The single outdoor shot has a printed signature. I have a warner and burton letter that I believe to be secretarial signed but can't find them right now
Here is the burton signature on the hamlet program.
Eric! Thanks for your response

That's typical vintage Richard :) Will look at the others shortly. "Any" TTM Liz will be secretarial or PP.

You agree the first scan shows 3 blatantly obvious secretarials, yes? The next is "unusual" at best and the last a pre-print/facsimile IMO?

Yes, I do agree the 3 secretarial through the mail, the signed hamlet program is not authentic and the other is preprinted. In my opinion the second playbill from the same person may be authentic

That is what I was trying to show in the scan of the three - I agree re second playbill.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service