We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Just saw someone's recent Elvis post and thought I would add mine to a discussion.  This came directly from Perry Cox, obviously, a highly reputable source.  A COA from Perry as well.  I've always felt the signature (on a 5 x 7 magazine page) was a little too shaky, with stops-and-starts and it concerned me at the time. However, given Perry's confidence and assurance, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to purchase it. I remember that Perry had explained to me, at that time, that Elvis went through some periods of being in an "altered state" and that could possibly explain it's shakiness.  Just wanted to see if any of you with more experience than I in this area than I had any opinions on this. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you...

Views: 3231

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

But I have not given my opinion - I believe I said "I'd pass", that's all. I pass on genuine material frequently - it may be atypical, a condition problem, trimmed, a knockoff copy photo etc. I just don't understand why you think showing a high res scan for those interested and with experience would not be helpful in this quest.  

Rfitzz

If you are not an expert then how would you know what an expert requires to make a decision

That's my point

I sent you a friend request so we can have a chat in private

Sorry but I'm taking this serious... not because it's you, but because it's Elvis 

"...Eric, nothing to gain means I think that anyone who is interested in commenting on this particular thread, already has.  If new people care to comment then I think the attached images are sufficient..."

Well, I don't know about that - you have a better scan and just won't show it. I would think all data would be relevant in such an true endeavor, not just what you choose to show. I don't know if the signature is fluid, but this thread and some details sure seem to be.

If some of the best experts in the business have high resolution scans and can’t form an opinion from them not sure how these would work at getting opinions from lower level, not the best authenticators. But Rich’s lack of forming an opinion with better scans with all the exemplars he has would be a red flag for me.

I’d send that sucker to Roger directly for an opinion. Just what I’d do for my own piece of mind.

"...If some of the best experts in the business have high resolution scans and can’t form an opinion..."

That's only half of Rick's sentence and it is very interesting as a stand-alone statement.

Indeed

Ya know what?

I'll pay half that bill to hear Roger's opinion

Your welcome. I have sigs that would be difficult to authenticate because they are not typical signatures but they are not in the level of Elvis.

Think I’d do my due diligence on it the same way. It would bug me to no end not to. Then my ADHD, OCD, PTSD, ED, STD or one of those acronym problems I have would have sirens going off in my head and screwing with my Tinnitus and giving me headaches and the sensitivity to light would interfere with my staring at autographs then it all starts over and would get worse. 

Night everyone.

Sleep well Rick

good to have read your inputs here and everywhere else for that matter

I feel the need to respond to that Rfizz

Your giving Rich an opportunity to conclude his evaluation....?????

Are you going with only one single conclusion>??

Tell ya what.... I'll pay the full $15 for you to send it to Epperson for a quick opinion

That's how much I wanna know

In fact, I don't even need your approval. I can make a copy of this Elvis and send it to him and or ask him to have a look at this thread and pay him $15 for his opinion myself.

All eyes have a value

Does Cox give a refund if the item is fake because most items are consignments?

Goodcat,

This is Rfitzz's piece. If he wants to get Roger's opinion that's for him to do unless he offered the Elvis to you.

I'm closing this discussion, at least for now.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service