We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Just saw someone's recent Elvis post and thought I would add mine to a discussion.  This came directly from Perry Cox, obviously, a highly reputable source.  A COA from Perry as well.  I've always felt the signature (on a 5 x 7 magazine page) was a little too shaky, with stops-and-starts and it concerned me at the time. However, given Perry's confidence and assurance, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to purchase it. I remember that Perry had explained to me, at that time, that Elvis went through some periods of being in an "altered state" and that could possibly explain it's shakiness.  Just wanted to see if any of you with more experience than I in this area than I had any opinions on this. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you...

Views: 3251

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

this would be a hard sell, regardless of who's COA accompanies it.  The signature itself speaks volumes.  If this had a GA or GFA cert attached, we would likely be saying "awful forgery".  Opinions should be formed based on the signature, not the cert or the story.

+1

"...Opinions should be formed based on the signature, not the cert or the story..."

+1

For Elvis not have value neither the best coa possible... Is only an opinion... But not the law!

My 2 cents

Perry Cox & his altered state theory holds absolutely no water with me.

Elvis was a clean living man for the most part in 1957.

His mom was still alive don't forget in '57. And the army was yet to come. 

The picture dates from that year & this signature likely does too.

Having said that IMO it may be genuine.(Now here comes the "but")

But it's such a wild/sloppy effort that I would pass it & purchase something else.

Authentic or not authentic...
No no you are in error...
it counts more the history of the signature or in this case the history of life of elvis ... that the signature itself...

He was probably "all shook up"when he signed this, but there are some suspicious minds, so if it proves fake, I would return to sender

Ok, that's a good one.  I was trying to think of any other obvious song references you missed and I'm at a loss... you win !  Good Job

Here is a prior auction item (also certified by Perry Cox as well as PSA).  This appears to me to have very similar "shaky" qualities as mine. No ? http://iconicauctions.com/elvis_presley_superb_ink_signature_in_cus...  Would love further opinions...thanks

That piece also has a PSA cert as well. Isn't Perry Cox better known as a Beatles expert? Just my opinion, the iconic signature looks better than the OP.

PSA are expert of Elvis???? Ha ha ha...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service