We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Elvis Presley signed 1963 Merchandise Contract . Real? What do you all think?

Elvis Presley signed Merchandise Contract 1963. Signed by Elvis and Parker. What do you all think? And if its real how much is it worth? Thank you all. 

Views: 736

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When you find it? Is not the first that i see it...

Over 2 years ago. 

Karstren - the one thing that jumps right out at me is the fact that this "contract" is stamped C-O-P-Y in big bold letters at the top of the page.

So is it logical to assume this is a "carbon copy"?

Or one of a number of first generation "originals" of the same document?

Got to be one or the other...

We need more info my friend!!!  

Elvis in a great great problem in the autographs... I think that in some years also the original will become fake. Great deal Elvis! Ha ha... 

F20CEFF7-9468-4DF6-84C0-1B76E3D6BEF7.jpeg

Yes, this is a signed carbon copy of the document. Attached you can see the back of the document. Hope this will help you. 

47745FBB-EB02-4526-99B1-FC897C549DEA.jpeg

2AE426C6-7541-49E9-A9F1-3E444C608AFD.jpeg

Thanks Don for the info. It‘s an first generation carbon copy of the original. I can see it, because it‘s on the original official letterhead from Col. Parker‘s office. If you feel the paper you can feel the riffles from the Station Wagon in the picture and from the typing of thd Typingmachine, as well as the signatures -Elvis and Parker- on the backside of the carbon copy Contract. The original of this contract must be in the office of Graceland.   Attached some more much better pictures to see the details. 

For Rick Consola is ok this contract

Tiziano thank you, did you ask Rich Consola?

Yes some time ago... 

BTW, Karsten, the "typingmachine" could be any old typewriter, manual, electric or IBM Selectric. They would just put a sheet of carbon paper under before each copy. 

This looks like an electric, standard or Selectric because the pressure looks so uniform. And it could be a third carbon copy because the copy under the original being typed is generally crisper.

Did Tom Parker's office keep the originals to most contracts?

Looks fishy to me... Like fresh new signatures on top of a multiple generation copy of a document. The compare the handwritten "1 copy sent to Michie" to the rest of the handwriting...

Looks fishy

It's a live-signed carbon copy, which was common for agreements. Parties to a contract would sign a copy for each party, just like we do today.

"COPY" stamped at the top appears to be instructions added after the contract was signed for Parker's office to copy the agreement to microfilm or microfiche.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service