We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello everybody. I'm trying to date this Freddie Mercury's auto but can't be sure about the year it was signed. I think he signed it after 1988, but I have studied autographs until 1991 and '88, '89 and '90's are very similar. Any ideas? I know there are a few people here very experienced in Fred's autographs. Thank you in advance.

Views: 3894

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Did you buy this one in green or the one you posted today? I don't think this one is real, either, unfortunately, but it's a lot closer than the other one.

Time to give PSA $10 to put your mind at ease...Lol

Well, all the autographs I buy look genuine to me. This one in green too. I just follow my instinct. I don't believe in authenticators (except Markus Brandes, my God in signatures) but I also know autographs without letter of authentication sell worse than the ones with a letter.

I know Freddie's autographs by memory, and I don't live with a guilty conscience Bradford. If I authenticate them, it's for my daughter. In 30 years time, when I'm not here anymore, I would like her to sell them right, and without a letter o authentication she could probably have some problems. It's not for me, the money is not a problem.

This one was cheap. We were only two people bidding, and I think we both knew it was good. Sometimes a bad autograph is not a forgery. And when I buy a signature, I'm pretty sure it's genuine. Look at this one... it was also cheap because it looks bad... I attach it.

To be honest...I would pass on this one.

The "F" is very untypical...and overall it looks like a mix of signature styles to me.

But I´m no expert...I could certainly be wrong.

Yes. I've never seen a F like this. But I'm sure it's good. 

You cant be sure when you didnt see Freddie to sign it.... ;) That´s the ONLY way how to be 100% sure. :)

If I were you I would lean a little bit more on the opinions of professionals like Roger Epperson, and lean a little less with your heart. $15 quick opinions from one of the best in the industry.

We've all made emotional purchases so I'm definitely not criticizing.

Whats the point of giving an opinion if the buyer does not care if they are forgeries, or thinks they are right and everyone else is wrong? I feel bad for whomever tries to sell these as it will be the same old story "But x said they are real therefore they are" when in reality that was not the case whatsoever. And possibly an innocent party will have to deal with the mess. 

Whatever floats your boat Fran. But please NEVER try to sell these to anyone else. Enjoy them for yourselves and believe what you want. But please don't add to the drama and lack of integrity of this industry that is already tarnished in many ways by selling something that many have deemed to be a forgery. Especially when you won't do yourself the service of getting a qualified opinion. 

I'm going slightly maddd. Some of you tell me everything I've posted is a forgery. Others are writing to me private messages saying everything is authentic. Please Epperson help me

Pay the $15.00 for a quick opinion from Roger Epperson!!!

He will for $15 per item - http://rogerepperson.com

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service