We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Freddie Mercury Authentic?

Views: 365

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm going with "no".

My uncle said he had it signed personally and it sat in a box of old coins at his moms for decades. Freddie rarely signed F. Mercury and mostly on legal documents which makes it hard to believe anyone in 1978 would think to fake a signature in that manner. There wasn’t even internet then. Thanks for your input though. I appreciate it.

I could easily be wrong. Perhaps Innuendo will comment.

Sorry to say this is not genuine. Even for a rushed example this is not from the man himself. And as for it being from 78, that makes no difference. Queen fakes like all artists have been forged for decades. Whoever signed this was not familiar with Freddie's hand. That's why I believe this was probably signed in 78 before the web (or at least don't have issue with someone saying it was). This is not even close to what his hand looked like at any point, and not in 78 either I'm afraid. Wish the news were better.

Thanks for chiming in Innuendo. It did not feel or look right to me with my limited knowledge of Freddie.

Not a problem. The OP is correct in saying Freddie rarely ever just signed FMercury. That was usually kept for legal documents, not fans. I don't believe I've ever seen something signed for a fan that he didn't sign his full name for. Even with limited signing space and in a rush. Either way, this has no genuine characteristics. Best wishes. 

"...The OP is correct in saying Freddie rarely ever just signed FMercury. ..."

That was one reason as well.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service