We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

A while back I decided to give Mike Frost from P.A.A.S. a chance to authenticate a few of my Beatles autographs. He was significantly cheaper than many of the other authenticators and I had seen his EBay auction a number of times. I decided to send him this mid 70's Harrison autograph which, in my opinion, is pretty cut and dry a genuine autograph. To my disbelief he responded saying that autograph was in fact NOT authentic! Along with this signature I sent him others as well which he deemed as not genuine. I felt terrible knowing that these were real and I was just taken for my money to the tune of $400.00+ dollars. After I received the signatures I did the only thing one could do. I mailed them off to Frank Caiazzo for a true authentication. As expected, the autograph was indeed authentic. I felt a little more vindication when I found out that his authentication services were puled from EBay. BUT! I just ran across another one of his ebay auctions trying to lure unknowing patrons to use his services for Beatles autographs! I was as you can imagine quite peeved. In my opinion, I would stay as far away from a Mike Frost PAAS Beatles authentication as possible. It is my belief that he has no clue what is real and what is not and I would advise to save your money and go with someone more reputable in this business. Take a look at the example for yourself and you be the judge!!!

Views: 10073

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great. Thank you.

talking about the auto's i sent you for authentication.

Very Very interesting 

i am a school band inst. repair tech. by trade. i really don''t have time for this, i have said what i said. i'm done.

So if Frost screwed up then he refunds what has been identified and documented.

simple as that Mike!   Don't need epperson to chime in on anything as Caizzo trumps when it comes to the Beatles.  Frankly, you should reimburse him for the Caizzo costs as well but are not obligated to do so.

As far as the others are concerned if he Scott (btw, I really don't think you s/b posting someones address via a paypal transaction regardless - just poor taste) cannot produce them nor if he can't produce the documentation then "no refunds" are required.

not looking for a refund, made it up when i sold them. it all evens out. sometimes when you sell you gain, sometimes you break even. some times you lose, it is a matter of what you need at the time of the sale.

Why should Mike reimburse for the Caiazzo costs?

This one looks great! :)

I would be glad to issue a refund but I will guarantee that Frank Caiazzo did not authenticate the other items that where submitted to me for authentication. I do respect Frank and think he is a very good authenticator and believe he is a top authority on Beatles autographs. That does not mean he can not be mistaken or fooled. That is why I wanted to receive a second opinion from Roger on this Harrison signature. I have no problem issuing a refund but Scott is claiming that he sent me $400 and I proved that is not correct. I have showed his e-mail about the submission of the 6 items, he has posted only one and will not post the other 5 Certificates issued by Frank Caiazzo. I am sure that Frank could verify that he did not authenticate the other 5 signatures.

I know that I am not really accepted on this site yet, but I am here and will discuss authentication and I am willing to face questions and accept responsibility for my actions. I wish that all the autograph authenticators would join in and try to work together. We have major issues in the autograph industry and if we worked together instead of fighting each other maybe we can get rid if most of the forgeries, and help educated the collectors. I did not come here to fight, but I do believe I have the right to defend myself and my company by showing facts and examples.

Here is Scott's second e-mail after the return of his items, that he now says were authenticated by Frank Caiazzo and sold.
To: SPECIALAGENT711@aol.com
Sent: 10/11/2011 4:55:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: Re: l.o.a.'s for beatles auto.'s

hi, got the auto.s back and to say the least i am shocked. other than the lennon the others were quite cut and dried. the set had already been authenticated as real by beatles marketplace, nigel lemon, and roger epperson looked at in person and said it was real, the guy i bought it from bob emerson lives in houston. im going to send scans to andrew in germany. somethings not right. i know all these are real except the lennon, but if ya'll think i'ts fake, then its probably real also. this isn't 1995 anymore where people don't have the means to study beatles autographs with example after example just like you. i don't get it there is more to the story.

1.capital meet the beatles lp cover by george in feb, 1964 in N.Y.C.
2.wonder wall music lp cover by george, late 80's.
3.auto. book page all 4 beatles, circa 1965.
4. mull of kintyre 45 pic. sleeve, by paul, linda, and paul signed denny laine's name.
unfortunately it was signed with a fiber tipped pen in jan. 1979 and has faded.
5.magazine or book photo of john and yoko, by john in N.Y.C. in early to mid 70's.
6. a disneyland fast food ticket, by george on the back, spring 1977.

We have major issues in the autograph industry and if we worked together instead of fighting each other maybe we can get rid if most of the forgeries, and help educated the collectors now wouldn't that be a nice thought, mike.

As Mark Twain once said, "Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please".  The emails so far don't confirm nor invalidate whether or not he susbsequently sent the others on as claimed.  Although it's difficult to figure out who from the emails is saying what on which item.  Seems Beatles Marketplace has been pretty good from what i've heard but Caiazzo's name is certainly not mentioned in this email.  It would be easy to ascertain as I'm sure a customer can request a copy of the opinions as I'd like to believe ya 'all keep them for "posterity". 

Until then having said that it doesn't appear it was $400.00 nor is he requesting a refund on the one that was a confirmed documented error.   

This Harrison is without question authentic

I don't understand what all the "hate" is towards Mike about this though.  He admitted he made a mistake and will gladly refund it.  What more can you ask for?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service