We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

This guitar was signed in 1988 and was purchased in a charity auction in Hollywood, CA.  What are your opinions on the authenticity of the autographs?

Views: 821

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is a beautiful album. I would love to have GNR (an authentic Axl alone would satisfy me) but so much of it I see is questionable.

What do you think a legit Axl or group should cost?

So, how much would you sell one of the 8 for? I would take the worst one you had so I could have an authentic example.  

These are not authentic either then I would guess.

good to know.  I guess the only way to know your autograph is real is to get it in person.  thanks!

Definitely not good. Sorry.

Unfortunately, charity auctions are among the worst places to buy autographs. Of the big vendors in that market, Steiner and Autograph Pros are top notch, but two of the largest vendors in that market are Autograph Store and Gallery of Dreams, and I've never seen anything but obvious forgeries from them. 

Gallery of Dreams was the source of the forged guitars and altered photos in this 20/20 report: http://live.autographmagazine.com/video/abc-news-20-20-on-ara-s-alt...

I totally agree Autograph Store are dreadful fakes and somehow continue to be allowed to trade. Many people have lost thousands to these crooks.

I forgot who they were and went to their site. The Beatles (signed by three) is amazingly bad and currently at the bargain price of $301. What a joke. I feel sorry for the uninformed who purchase this stuff.

This is a postcard I found online that the band sent to a friend that members from Poison had dumped beer on.  This is from 1987.  Seems like the sigs have changed over the years.  Slash and Axl are similar to current sigs.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service