We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Has anyone considered doing a book about the last autographs of famous individuals?

The last official act of Robert E. Lee as president of Lee university was sign a carte d'visit of himself for a young girl admirer who met him on the steps of the university as he was leaving for the day. Within hours, Lee had a stroke and didn't survive long.

What was the last thing FDR signed? 

Supposedly JFK's last in-person signature was on a newspaper handed to him  on the morning of his death by a member of the housekeeping crew at the hotel he was staying at. I think it later sold for for $80,000+.

What was the last document/autograph signed by Elvis Presely?

Compiling such a book I'm sure would require a herculean effort. Besides, how could you track down the person at the Ambassador Hotel for whom RFK quickly scribbled his autograph within minutes of being shot.

Views: 417

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That has got to be one of the most shameful acts of unconscionable exploitation I've ever read about it. Instead of trying to bring some comfort to the dying George Harrison, he saw it as an opportunity to take advantage of a sick and dying man for his own personal gain. 

believe me, if I had the resources, I'd love to write such a book.

Back I 1993 I wrote to author John Hersey to ask if he would autograph a book for me.  He sent me a note declining my request due to a "turn in his health".  A couple weeks later he passed away.  :(

Still, you go an exemplary note AND signature. 

I'm sorry I didn't develop an interest in autograph collecting earlier in life--I'm 63 now. If I had started when I was in my twenties, my heavens, just think of the great authors, painters, actors, and notables who ere still living 40 years ago? 

You gotta strike while the iron is hot, especially with those notables in their eighties and nineties. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service