We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

HELP me asap, running out of time!! Help will be appreciated!

Hi, i am recently bidding for a manchester united jersey signed by the first team squad playing that day.
It even has cristiano ronaldos signature.

However, i am not sure if it is authentic although the seller says it is, because of the no return policy. The only problem is that i am currently winning the bidding, so in case it is fake, i will no longer bid in it.

Plz help, i have a day left, i would like fro some one to examine the COA and the jersey in the link here:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290793821583?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT...

Also, herr are some of the ebay excerpts of messages i have had with him. Is it me or is he a bit evasive?

Dear (for obvious reasons i didnt include my ebay username)

i purchased it front UK and it was worth way way more than what it is at on ebay atm

- hookystreet66
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

To: hookystreet66
Subject: Re: Details about item: (......) sent a message about Manchester United Signed Jersey 2007/2009 - with COA #290793821583
Sent Date: 23-Oct-12 22:56:38 AEDST

Dear hookystreet66,

Out of interest, where did you get these autographs?
Did you buy them or were you actually there?
If you did buy them, what was the original worth?

- (.....)

Here is another one:
Dear (.....)

im goin back in 5 weeks should get my own their isn't a return policy as there will be no problems

- hookystreet66
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

To: hookystreet66
Subject: Re: Details about item: (......) sent a message about Manchester United Signed Jersey 2007/2009 - with COA #290793821583
Sent Date: 23-Oct-12 23:10:49 AEDST

Dear hookystreet66,

What store is it, i might be going to uk for holidays, so might check it out.

Also, why are you selling it so cheaply? I mean if its authentic it should be worth loads and you sould sell it higher.

And also, is there a return policy if there are problems?

- (....)

Views: 595

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The website on the COA doesn't exist and the name isn't even registered. I don't know the signatures, but they look like they could all have been signed by the same person. I would avoid this.
http://trademark-memorabilia.com/

I thought this was the website on the COA?

Thanks!

Plz reply my friend and thanks :)
There is no hyphen between the words on the COA.
Holy crap your right!

You have helped out a newbie to collecting from being scammed, i am in your debt!!

Your the best dude:). The convo did seem a bit dodgy.

So i guess never trust ebay autographs...

Anyway how can i retract my bid, since i am winning?

The bod retract form on ebay only allows you to retract your bid if you typed in the wrong amount or the buyer has changed the description... So how do i contact ebay on this matter?

Thanks!

Buying autographs on Ebay can be a bit of a risk.  You really have to know the signatures and if there is any negative feedback hunt it down it takes some time but I always like to check that.  There are some really good deals on Ebay but the old saying if it seems too good to be true it probably is.  If you win this bid (depending on the cost) you might want to consider having it authenticated.  If it is proven not to be as described then I would think Ebay's buyer protection should kick in.  The only problem is that it might cost you more to have it authenticated than what it is worth.  Almost anyone who has won bid on Ebay have been there.  So I can empathize with you.  I bid very cautiously when someone does not give at least a 10 day money back guarantee.   I hope it is authentic for your sake.  Sometimes in life we just have to think that things like this are valuable lessons. 

I would steer clear, COA is one that anyone could print off, and he hand wrote the COA # on there... Also with no returns accepted = super sketchy.

Its easy richard if you want to retract your bid even though your reason is not on the 3 options given just select the iv entered the wrong amount.As long as you do this before (i may stand corrected here) 24 hrs before the end of the auction you should have your retraction excepted..

Richard

This one does not look right. There are loads of similar one's at e-bay uk. Most of the look like they where signed by the same person. If you are looking for a genuine Man united, check out these guys. They do private signings with some of the very best players in England. http://www.a1sportingmemorabilia.co.uk/

Good luck

Thanks everyone, i have filed a fraudery email to the ebay customer support, hopefully they can retract my bid. And close the auction as well.

Well in any case, even though i am winning in the bid, i ŵont pay for a scam

Thanks everyone so far!

Worst case I'd allow my ebay account to take the non-paying buyer well before I shelled out my money for something I decided I didn't want. Otherwise just hope someone comes along and snipes at the end and you didn't place an astronomical dollar figure on the sale.

Thanks for the help everyone, the case is now closed

Some one else bid higher than me, and so are there others bidding, so i am no longer required to pay anything

I also, sent a email to ebay regarding this matter, and it is up to them to do what they decide is right

All in all, it is a lesson well learnt about the dangers of fake merchandise on ebay, and to research and re read everything before bidding.

if there is No Coa I would not buy espically with his No Return Policy

do not buy something you will regret later on in life

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service