We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

here is If 6 Was 9 working lyrics on groovy London hotel stationnaire

Tags: hendrix

Views: 951

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have seen copies of this on e bay for sale a few years ago probably scanned from an auction catalogue or it may have been a print in a special edition hendrix memorabilia book i cant remember for sure but it was mass copied at some point but i have never seen the original .. if its the original its very nice indeed if you ever decide to sell let me know 

If it is the original is the question?

i think the copies were in a memorabilia book that came with a pack of reprint,flyers, mini posters ,tickets etc i definately have a copy of this

That is always the question.  As said if has passed thru authenticators at many auction houses (I admit that doesn't say much) which is why I ask for comments out there. there is no handwriting on the back but printed hotel stuff.

If a copy it is a handwritten copy rather than copy machine.

Sounds real to me. Whats the value of the piece.

I can't remember what I paid for it cause it was 10-15 years ago and records are not handy.

Todays value? Haven't checked the marketplace cause am not selling now.

This has passed thru sotherbys and other auction houses so that is probably where you saw it (I needed money at one time and consigned it but it didn't sell thank god today)

Was not aware of mass copying and have never seen it elsewhere but if this is a copy it was done by hand rather than copy machine.

Will let you know rogers if I sell. I believe this to be working lyrics but not final lyrics.

ill dig out my copy and post front and back photos but ill need a day or two as my stuffs all over the place it might help authenticate/or not yours im certain the replicas in the book were prints and of decent quality

That would be great. It is off site but perhaps it is a high quality copy but I doubt it as major auction houses should at least be able to identify those type of fakes

rogers, any luck finding copies?

slin

I have one other Hendrix item-the Lendrix- as silver bracelet Lennon gave to Hendrix-came with a LOA from Cathy Etchingham who later wrote a book on Hndrix and of course was a intimate friend.

This is one of those things I rarely buy cause you have to have a lot of faith in Cathy's truthfulness, etc. But I couldn't resist something that ties lennon to Hendrix.

Everyone who met hendrix even briefly has a green light to print money theres a scarf or bracelet turns up every day some of his so called friends should be ashamed of themselves Hendrix probably owned 1 in every 100 items offered if you have the letter can tie it to lennon and have a picture of Jimi wearing it $40,000+ , no picture probably $1500 a massive difference

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service