We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

How do Large Volume Sellers/Dealers obtain their large Inventory of Autographs

I was curious if anyone knows how some of these larger Autograph Sellers obtain such large quantities of autographs such as Press Pass Collectibles having tens of thousands of items how do they obtain that many, does anyone know exactly where they get their stuff? Are these guys buying collections all the time and if so how do they go about doing that?

Thanks J

Tags: Autograph Pros, Hollywood Memorabilia, Press Pass Collectibles

Views: 776

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i’d like to know this too. anyone know? how much money do they have to buy stuff all the time lol 

I was a at comic con in London a couple of months back in the queue for Marina Sirtis, across the hall was Robert Englund and he had a big line. Shortly after he started signing a guy who I can only assume to be a dealer came up and opened up a large suitcase and got at least eight Freddy gloves signed (they put in a limit of five items after that). I assume this is pretty common at cons.

It is probably the same for music too, I often see people at stage doors and at award shows etc, they probably pay for people to attend signings too to get several items signed for resale.

Thanks, That is good  stuff to know.

Awesome Comic Con sounds fun, thanks for your answer, 

Some of the items that I see for sale from Press Pass were previously on eBay without authentication. Hollywood Memorabilia drop ships items that are for sale on eBay.

I directly asked Hollywood Memorabilia to stop listing my eBay items on their website without my knowledge or permission. I had an eBay buyer inquire as to why a signed photo I had listed was a thousand dollars more on their site.  

My offerings were a drop in the bucket amongst all of the other many other sellers' eBay items their algorithm picks up and automatically posts on their site.

I remember that. Did they remove your items? If so, were they automatically offered for sale again at some point after they were removed? 
I believe someone I know purchased a fake from them and he’s having a tough time getting a refund because it was authenticated.

Yes, they did remove the items at that point when I requested it.  What happens is that their trained bots pick up listings that specifically have the mention of TPAs with them....JSA, Beckett or PSA.   Most of my things do not have TPAs so were exempt, but the ones that did were up.

Yes, a couple of TPA things went back up again after the listing had renewed itself on eBay.  Their algorithm seems to pick these up as "new listings".  

There's a wild variety in the prices as their bots are automatically j****** up the real seller's prices.  For instance, one seller on eBay may has a Clark Gable album page that is listed as higher than another seller's signed photo.  Even though most would agree the photo is worth more on the market, the bot lists the album page at a higher price on their site because it's higher on eBay:

https://www.hollywoodmemorabilia.com/item/clark-gable-signed-autogr...

https://www.hollywoodmemorabilia.com/item/clark-gable-signed-autogr...

In your example about the fake purchased, it seems they might have their out on it since they are dealing exclusively in lifted items that have TPAs and might claim that the TPA must be right.  I don't know what happens if a buyer pushed back hard.  Maybe they would accept the return and then return it to the original seller.

They really are assuming no risk as they profit off of the hard work of sellers who have done work of listing, photographing and, of course, having the item authenticated..

Yeah, there’s no oversight to make sure that prices make sense across related items.

You would hope that the extra cost would make a return easier, but it actually adds an additional level of difficulty. They don’t seem to understand that authentication by a reputable TPA doesn’t guarantee authenticity, and that you can’t simply point to the TPA when your presented with additional info. Obviously, you don’t even have eBay Buyer Protection for an eBay-listed item, which would at least give you a decent chance at obtaining a refund.

Thanks, I always remember seeing years ago the same item from other sellers being sold on their site and I always thought there is only 1 of them so how is this working and I thought all of them had bonded together to sell each others items for more exposure, until you just explained it to me.  

Interesting, so that is not all Hollywood Memorabilia's inventory then it belongs to someone else?

That’s correct. When the item is purchased on their site, they then purchase it elsewhere at a lower price.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service