We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Here is an interesting Kurt Cobain autograph with the inscription " God Is Gay" that is being offer for sale on the bay. It has been authenticated by JSA.

I like it but this is offer by the same seller who had sold a similar Kurt Cobain autograph with the same inscription that was signed on a notepad back in November 2012. Carl Ryan posted the discussion. Here is a picture of the autograph.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/interesting-kurt-cob...

What are the chances that you get your hands on 2 rare similar autographs with 2 similar inscriptions???

The auction is up to $1825.00 with 3 more days to go.

:)

Views: 4733

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The so-called John Lennon signature shown on that item doesn't even look close to his signature. 

It doesn't surprise me that JSA authenticated that so-called Kurt Cobain as real. 

Just some thoughts; -  it does seem somewhat fishy that  2 such specific inscriptions  have been put up for sale by the same dealer.  The seller did have a   Beatles sig up that  sold at a  reasonable price but it should have performed a lot better 

It also does seems strange , unless I've missed it, that the seller doesn't offer any provenance of how he  got it seeing as this is supposed to be the holy grail of autographs.  This seems  odd   because The Beatles one came with such detailed   provenance altho it didn't have a JSA letter of authentication

Also why waste 2  pictures showing the JS letter of authentication  instead of zooming in even greater detail on the sig &  inscription which is the important bit

If it was genuine , in my opinion, there should be a lot more interest & excitement about it by now

Looks like there are lots of interest on this item. 54 bids at $2650.00 with 2 days to go.

I personally like this signed map but not the one that was signed on the notepad. 

Interesting to see what price this will end up with. 

Some people just trust PSA/DNA and JSA 100%. If they authenticated it, then it is obviously real. When It comes to Cobain stuff, you just can't do that IMO. You need some good provenance.

For those who want to see pictures from the Kurt Signed guitar on ebay from 3-4 years ago.....see pics below. Now THAT would have been an item worth having.  I almost think the $10K he wanted might have been reasonable. Just didn't have the money.

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Auction just ended a few hours ago with 68 bids at $5100.00. Wow! :)

Wow, that Lennon signature is a complete joke. Anyone with even the slightest knowledge of Lennon's signature in 1966 would know that is a complete joke.

Makes the entire thing seem like nonsense.

It's pretty scary that a story full of holes and a JSA cert can get you thousands of dollars. I wonder what made JSA certify that as real. Kind of leaves me with a bad taste on purchasing autographs in general.

The Cobain map is SPOT ON Kurt's signature. The notepad looks to be questionable 50/50. I personally own Kurt's full signature with a photo of him signing so it's not even a question that it's authenic. I believe a lot of you missed out on one truly unique Cobain autograph. As far as PSA and JSA, they both don't matter to me. It looks like the buyer did his homework and scored with this, my opinion!

Remember photoshop does amazing things. I have seen fake proof shots where items where photoshopped in and you couldnt tell the difference. I seen posters on a table and guitars in hands all of which where photoshopped. And had I not been shown the originals I would have never doubted them myself. But in the end it was a very crafty forger who was exposed on another forum a while back.

Not saying yours is fake, just saying be very very very careful putting all your faith in proof shots.  

I understand but the best part the photo was taken by my father, I have the original photo and the negative. I believe this trumps your reply and all authenticators that are in the business. So after I compared the map to my autograph, it's no question authentic in my eyes.

But what you fail to take into account is just how easy it is to forge Kurt's signature. Give me a pen and a couple of hours and I could give you whats on that brochure.

You also fail to note that the seller of the item apparently got  John Lennon signature for mowing someone's lawn.

You have to take a lot of things into account, because forgers will go to extreme lengths. I mean its $5K.....

No actually it means something to you. When you try to sell it that picture is worthless as I can get a negative for any picture. And its highly reckless to base your opinion on one signature....But then again you signed up just to talk about this item so I already suspect something else. 

RSS

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service