We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Yes or No in your humble opinions?  

Views: 3020

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

+1.  - its also positioned conveniently exactly where one would want it to be  written, undedicated as well which adds to its value and Audrey IMO was not usually that obliging ;   just another thing  to think about imo .  Do you have a clearer picture of the sig and the type of felt?

No...it's all I have but it is guaranteed so I will have the opportunity to check it with a couple of UACC members or PADA later... I will scan it myself and put it up here as a NEW scan with more pixels.. once I get it IF i win it...LOL... I don't trust PSA that much.. 

This is on a Bidding Site.. 

This is on a Bidding site.  And nope, not eBay....LOL

What do you mean by "too typical". is that good or not?

I mean that it compares too closely with the online example that I provided above to make me feel comfortable about it.  Did you ask the seller what the history of the item is?  How did they acquire it?

Yes, I did. He bought it from an estate with a bunch of others. Look, no matter the positioning of this, it is THE BEST rendering to date. I looked at the wiki examples and it's close but not perfectly. You can't forge something this well with all letters lining up short of plagiarism and that has to be discounted because it's not written on 1 line as wiki's is plus some letters are slightly curved differently. Same style, different strikes. If I showed you guys other exemplars, you'd be moved to tears in laughter. I think both the wiki and other exemplars I've seen show her writing style exceptionally close and also in the same place and manner. Plus I got it check by PADA members and 1 PSA and it came as good. Short of standing right in front of her when she signed it, we just don't have much else to go on. Btw, Mr. Koschal said he liked it too even after seeing the wiki. There are others that were written in same manner. Same positioning as I look in the web.

Michelle, I guess if it came to only the positioning, one would have to question James Dean's too because he is noted as signing on one line as well. ;-)

I agree Robert.  It sounds like you should be fine with it, particularly if it was part of a collection that dates back prior to the Internet.  That is what was meant by my original reply.  Good luck.

Thank you. Again, if I should win this I will re scan it with greater pixelation and share it here with all my friends. :)

Thank you for your kindness, Mike.

Hi, - no what I meant was that the  spot on the page where the sig had been written was a really   great  spot for the sig to be written & she  was not always that obliging if you look at past examples  and that was  maybe one factor to consider  especially as its not dedicated 

You should be fine , however, if they did come from an estate and good luck

Thank you Michelle.  I will definitely get it certified by PSA when I get my hands on it, hopefully....LOL...

I will show a few exemplars I found on the web of "Hepburn" that I think will be helpful to all here who have sought to show me awesome advice --- Thank you !!

Then there is this one....

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service